Injured Pair

Aleka felt gentle stirring beside her and felt light pouring in on her face, only slightly shadowed by River's unmoving body. On her other side Wil seemed to be waking up.

On the other end of the room she could hear two pairs of snores and felt lucky to be beside Wil and River who if they snored it was quiet ones.

Aleka shifted only a bit and felt her leg brush against River's, they were both warm and she felt him shift closer and she allowed him to, his arm flopping over her slightly. She saw Wil turning over and shut her eyes.

He laid on his stomach and groaned softly. She always found the fact that he woke up earlier than most annoying. She knew any moment he'd be moving so much that River would wake up and from there they'd all be up.

She rolled her back towards him and faced River, hoping it'd keep River from waking up soon from Wil's restlessness.

She kept her eyes shut for a long moment feeling River's soft breathing fluttering across her face.

She peeked out and once she saw past the blinding sunlight she saw how breathtaking in a way River was.

The sun made his already relatively tan skin, golden, and his short cut hair looked more blonde than it normally did since it was cut so short.

He didn't look that much older than any of the other boys despite being so, in fact in some ways he looked younger than Corey, and him and Wil looked spot on the same age.

Yet when his eyes were open she thought he looked older, there was something in his eyes. Behind the playful glint, there was some mature and grown and lacking some of the innocence they had.

It reminded her to the similar look in Cory's though Cory's were more a flaming ember of fury, while River's were simply a flickering flame of something and melancholy hidden beneath ocean hues.

Aleka never understood how the eyes could tell so much, she assumed that whoever said that the eyes were the windows into the soul was right though. She wondered what secrets her own eyes gave away and maybe one day she'd ask someone.

Someone who didn't know her too well, but she felt comfortable enough to ask, someone she felt comfortable to tell just what their own eyes revealed.

She began to feel River move beside her and sighed softly knowing it was time to probably get up anyways, today would be the boys first day of shooting, and if they didn't get up on their own, she was sure the director and everyone else would be banging on the doors soon, and since they hadn't really told anyone where they went last night or that they were all in the same room, they'd probably be banging on River and Cory and Jerry's doors for some time.

She blinked her eyes open looking at River's face which seemed to be twitching lightly as the sunlight broke through the crevices of his eyelids.

Slowly they opened and stared wide blue back into her green ones, the light caught them and they flashed green for a moment before retreating into the shadows and becoming blue again.

"Morning," he whispered groggily.

"Morning," she muttered back resting her head back against the pillow and rubbing against it.

"You sleep okay?" He asked trying to pull his arm away slowly, as if he was hoping she had never noticed it around her.

"Pretty good, you?" She asked.