Stuck of This Carnival Ride

The next day they were filming the junkyard scene in Veneta, Oregon. Aleka had memorized most of the script for her earliest audition, though she was repeatedly ignoring the romantic scenes for the time being. Not only did she have no desire to practice them, she was doing her best not to push buttons.

Her and Wil were still on the outs so asking him to read the male lead wasn't an option. And unless she wanted to piss him off further, she didn't dare ask River for the time being.

And as far as she was concerned asking Corey wasn't an option, he couldn't be serious for the life of him, unless the camera was on him right at that moment. And Jerry wasn't seasoned enough yet.

So she did her best to get around those scenes.

When the boys were done filming, the crew allowed them all to go to a nearby carnival.

Aleka went with the boys, she switched off between riding with Corey and Jerry, but halfway through she got annoyed and finally hopped in beside River. Wil looked back with a frown and Corey took the alone seat pushing Jerry in beside Wil.

Aleka sighed as she sat beside River before the ride began to take off.

"You know you're only pissing him off more," River sighed.

"I don't know how to talk to him. He's not being rational," Aleka complained.

"Maybe you need to. Tell him like it is, all this tippy toeing around us isn't helping," River said.

"So you think I'm tippy toeing around you too," Aleka said.

"Truthfully yeah, maybe less so than you're around Wil, but either way it'd be better if you just told everyone where you stand. Unless you want to leave this set being on speaking terms with just Corey."

"Not even Jerry?" Aleka joked.

"Fine Corey and Jerry," River said rolling his eyes.

"So if I said I just wanted to be friends with both you and Wil, you'd remain on speaking terms with me?" Aleka asked.

River took a deep breath and said "Yeah, as long as you didn't continue to string me along with impromptu kisses."

Aleka sighed and gave a joking huff, "Not sure I want to give that up just yet."

River scoffed and took Aleka's hand and pulled her closer in the seat.

Aleka sighed and let her head rest on River's shoulder for a second before tilting her head up and kissing his cheek.

River smiled and kissed the top of her head before they both sat up just as the coaster reached the peak and sent them shooting down.

When they got off they were all laughing minus Wil who stopped just as soon as he saw the way Aleka was wrapped around River tightly laughing.

Aleka pulled away from River exchanging a glance with him before going over to Wil and pulling him aside.

"We need to talk," she said seriously.

"No need, I get it you and River," Wil huffed.

"You get it? Then explain it to me, cause I sure as hell don't understand it yet. I don't know what I want from him. He knows what he wants from me, apparently you know what you want from me. Wil I know nothing, except I want my best friend, you back. Without all the complications."

"I like you okay," Wil blurted out.

Aleka sighed and said, "I like you, just not in that way."