Bittersweet Symphonies

Aleka and River were closer than ever in the week that followed, constantly by one another's side.

In fact they all spent an abnormal amount of time together, while one might think they were constantly around each other, they often went off on their own or with someone in the crew to get a reprieve of alone time from one another.

But the past week there had been very few moments when they weren't all around each other.

Aleka supposed it was because they had a week break from production coming up, and they wouldn't be around each other. Corey, Wil, and Aleka were all headed for their own individual auditions during the week off. While River and Jerry were going to spend some time at home.

It would only be a week, and then they'd all be back on set, but for some reason, a week seemed like a long time once they had all grown so close. Aleka didn't even want to think about what was to come. When they all had separate projects.

Wil would be doing his thing, which was a lot, he had three more movies he was filming this year, and during the break he was auditioning for a main role in the upcoming Star Trek television show. And she was certain he'd get it, just as she was certain Corey would get whatever role he was auditioning for, that he'd do after Lost Boys. She had confidence that her friends would succeed.

However she didn't much think that she'd get the parts she was trying for. She was confident in a lot but her talent in acting was not one of them. She considered her scouting a fluke, and the movie with Wil a one time thing, though her mother thought otherwise.

She thought she was destined very much to fade out of oblivion, and to be forgotten, not only by everyone else, but by her current friends as well. They were destined to be great, her, everything about this experience seemed like a random happening.

One night they hiked out into the woods together, this time with better intentions. They just wanted to sit around the fire and chat, reminiscent of the scene the boys had recently filmed.

River had brought his guitar and began to strum gently to get it in tune.

"Any requests?" River asked.

"You don't seem like the type to play ACDC, so I got nothing," Corey said puffing on a cigarette.

Wil shrugged and said, "I got no preference."

River turned to Aleka and Aleka smiled a bit and said, "Sweet Caroline's, got a nice upbeat too to it."

River gave a soft laugh and began strumming before singing, "Where it began, I can't begin to knowing, but then I know it's growing strong. Was in the spring, then spring became the summer. Who'd have believed you'd come along. Hands touching hands, reaching out touching me, touching you," River sang before grinning, and changing the lyrics, "Sweet Aleka, good times never seemed so good. I've been inclined, to believe there never would. Look at the night, and it don't seem so lonely. We fill it up with only two. And when I heard, hurting runs off my shoulders, how can I hurt when holding you. Warm, touching warm, reaching out touching me, touching you. Sweet Aleka, good times never seemed so good, I've been inclined, to believe they never would."

The boys began bopping along getting a good laugh at it all, while Aleka was blushing and hiding her face.

"Sweet Aleka, good times never seemed so good. Sweet Aleka, I believe they never could." the boys sang to finish off the song.

Aleka huffed and said, "You all are such idiots."

River beamed at her and said, "Any other requests."