Burning House

Lauren's POV

In the frustrated state of mind I actually wrote a song, while laying on the cold laminate floor. The pain soothed a bit, so I was able to grab my phone and called the person I needed the most and who promised me to be by my side always.

"Hey, Dani," I quietly whispered into the phone, hardly holding the tears in.

"Lauren?" the surprise in her voice was evident, "Are you okay?" she asked concerned.

"I'm...I'm..." I stuttered, I couldn't finish the sentence. "Hey Sugar, calm down, okay?" she whispered.

"Breathe in and breathe out," she calmly said and I did as she said.

"Better?" Dani asked more calming, I nodded even though I knew she couldn't see me.

"Yes," I uttered.

"You know I'm really concerned about you, right now?"

"Sorry, it's just..." I wanted to continue, but she cut me off.

"What has she done now?" I could detect anger in her voice, so I tried to calm her down.

"Dani, it's okay!" please woman, just calm your ovaries.

"No, it's not okay anymore, Lauren. She honestly treats you like crap, you know."

"I don't really feel like fighting right now, Dani."

Suddenly the front doors opened and I glanced and saw Lisa walking inside. She seemed to be in a better mood than before, in a second our eyes met...

"Oh my God, what are you doing on the floor?" she panicked.

"Doesn't matter," I grumbled and glared at her, she backed of a little and tried to compose herself.

"So, you won't let me help you stand up?" Lisa asked a couple of moments later. I glared at her in silence and shook my head, her eyes darkened and she glanced away.

"Am I really such a bad sister, to you?" her voice got quieter, but her eyes were still darkened.

"I don't want to talk about this..."

"I want to talk about this!" she raised her voice determined and knelt on the floor, next to me.

"Don't you understand the word "no"?"  I questioned Lisa, she moved a strand of a hair out of her face and lowered her head.

"I am still your sister and if you can't understand such a simple thing, then I..."

"It's not like I can't understand, it's just..." the tension overwhelmed me a bit, "I don't intend and want to understand, after all."

But she just couldn't leave it as it was, she kept on pushing over the limits, "Why?"

"Can you just for a second stop being...just so...so..."

"Overwhelming? Grumpy? Mean?" Lisa lowered her voice, "Also cruel and a bad person?"

"I never said you were cru-...."

"But you meant to, didn't you?" the mean eyes I always knew asked me insecurely.

"Stop pushing over the li-..." I wanted to at least end my sentence.

"Limits?" she raised her eyebrow and smirked. I kept quiet and just stared at the floor, waiting for her next outburst.

"Even love has it's limits, doesn't it, huh?" she asked not daring to make an eye contact.

"I don't understand," I whispered.

"Love isn't all that it seems I did you wrong," Lisa now stood up and the same second her phone started buzzing. She looked at it weirdly, "Dani?" she questioned and glanced at me.