Seven Years

Dani's POV

I was taking a nap, when I heard something buzz, I didn't wanted to react or even listen to it..."What is that freaking ringing?" I groaned and pulled the pink pillow over my head. I waited for a couple of seconds, till then I felt pretty annoyed by it. "Oh, fine!" the buzzing didn't quit so I wanted to grab my phone, but by accident I knocked it of the night stand.

"Oh crap! Please screen, don't be cracked," I grabbed my iPhone and hoped for the best. I turned it around and thank God the screen was fine, but then the contact who was calling me, well it just hit me...

"Hey, Dani," Lauren quietly whispered into the phone, her voice sounded weird, like she was holding back the tears, I swear if Lisa hurted her again...

"Lauren?" I asked surprised, "Are you okay?" I was really concerned about her.

"I'm...I'm..." she stuttered,  I wanted to calm her down so badly. "Hey Sugar, calm down, okay?" I quietly said and tried my best to sound soothing and calm, but the thoughts of Lisa hurting her again, made my blood boil a bit.

"Breathe in and breathe out," I instructed her and she fortunately did as I said.

"Better?" I questioned her a couple of moments later, praying that she already calmed down.

"Yes," she quietly uttered on the other side of the line. Her breathing was shallow, she didn't said anything, she just remained quiet and that saddened me.

"You know I'm really concerned about you, right now?"

"Sorry, it's just..." I cut her off, because apologizing in this state of mind and out of pure hurt, which was caused by someone else, to me, made totally no sense.

"What has she done now?" I raised my voice a bit, but Lauren started to calm me down.

"Dani, it's okay!" she thought it was okay...treating someone like that is never okay, never in a million years you can hurt someone and then the hurt person decides it's okay.

"No, it's not okay anymore, Lauren. She honestly treats you like crap, you know."

"I don't really feel like fighting right now, Dani." I detected a brief of sadness in her voice. A second later I heard the door open on the other side of the line, when I listened better, it was Lisa who came back. Lauren stopped talking to me, so it was me who cut the line and decided to wait a minute and then direct my entire anger on to Lisa. I searched under the contacts, inhaled my breath for a second and then exhaled. Be brave Dani, be brave for Lauren's sake.

"Oh hey, Dani!" Lisa greeted on the other side of the line, not sounding particularly cheerful nor depressed or angered.

"Don't you "oh hey, Dani" me...okay? So, I heard you hurt Lauren once again, did you?"

"No, it was not like that..." she tried to take the easy way out, but we aren't doing this Lisa, not this time.

"Stop bullying Lauren," I simply said and waited for her response, which of course sounded surprised and also confused, but fake as hell.

"You can't be serious," Lisa's voice now lowered.

"It thought that you at least loved Lauren, but sometimes I'm not so sure about that...what do you get out of it all, when you hurt her intentionally?"

"Get your facts straight first, Dani," she hissed harshly on the other side of the line, but then she continued, oh surprise, surprise.

"Well, some things just aren't meant to be understood and...you can't change that."