C h a p t e r. S i x *

" Any luck finding your guy yet ?" My usual partner Reyes asked. I didn't answer though. For the past forty five minutes I've been sitting here staring at an empty file folder. To say i have not been sleeping lately would have been a serious understatement. " Ant !" Reyes shouted causing me to jump up and check my jaw for any signs of drool.

" What ?" Looking around the squad room to make sure captain didn't see. My body relaxed when i saw he was in his office.

" Man go home to your lady and kid. You shouldn't be here right now. Tell capt. You need some personal time. I can cover your work load." He offered but i wasn't even trying to hear that right now. Work was the only thing keeping me sane. My mama aunts and sister were a wreck and things at home with Diana have been seeming to go back down hill. Maybe I'm pushing her away. Not purposely though.

" Ant. You got file we were working on yesterday ? " Rodriguez asked sitting on the corner of my desk. I thought about ignoring her but quickly brushed the thought aside. I cant afford to lose my job or get suspended due to any distraction.

" Which one ?"

" The Hardy case." She slid a little closer and lowered her voice so only i'd hear. " Hey I'm really sorry about your brother. I know how close you guys use to be."

" Thanks Casey." I mumbled. " The Hardy case though. Umm i think i do --" Reaching into my two drawer on the side of my desk for the file. My eyes widened at what was on top of the paper work. Shit. I repeatedly cursed at myself forgetting what i came into the desk drawer for in the first place.

" Is There something wrong ?" She asked as i continued to curse underneath my breath. I needed to get home. Snatching the jewelry box out along with the paper work, i slammed the desk and gathered my things to go.

" Shes going to kill me." I said more to myself than to anyone. " I cant believe i forgot." Casey looked at me as if id grown a second head. Slapping the papers on my desk and shutting off my computer i was ready to go.

" What the hell are you talking about ?" Reyes asked standing up from his desk as well.

" Im out man." Jogging over to the elevator with him on my tail.

" Would you slow the hell down !? Now tell me what is going on."

" Diana's going to ring my neck. I forgot our anniversary." I shouted as the elevator doors closed in his face. Repeatedly stabbing the button labeled lobby with my finger until it got down to its designated floor. I plunged my fist into my pocket to retrieve my car keys and immediately sped off heading home.

" Diana." I called out closing the front door and removing my jacket. She wasn't in the living room so i headed into the kitchen but she wasn't there either. I knew she was home, today was her off day and the car i got her was in the garage. " Ana baby, where you at ?" I asked climbing the stairs and checking the bedroom and bathrooms. Still nothing so i headed back down stairs.

I heard noises from my den so i headed in that direction. Shes never in there what is she up to. I braced myself for a blown out argument. Our anniversary was two days ago. I couldn't believe how i allowed it to slip my own mind so i know she was livid. That would explain the silent treatment and constant attitude. I needed to give her this ring now more the. Ever.

As i came to the corner of the hall near my office the noises became more coherent. They were giggles and moans. Along with a few masculine groans. My heart dropped into the pit of my stomach when i slid open the door to reveal Diana and two other men. One had his face buried between her legs while she was laid across my desk with her head bent back taking the other guy into her mouth. They did not even acknowledge my presence. Im not sure they noticed because they kept fucking.

Instantly anger replaced my shocked emotion and i slammed the door shut. That caught their attention. Diana immediately hopped up off the table and hid her shameful body behind my desk chair. Her face had no regret in it what so ever though. One of the men rushed his way out haling ass while the other just stood there without a care in the world. I knew him. I never forget a face. She had introduced him as a friend of the family when i met him.

My blood began boiling when i saw the sides of his mouth shape into a taunting smirk. I charged over at him tackling him to the floor. On the way down he caught me in the jaw and the eye but after that he didn't stand a chance. I repeatedly pounded my fist into his face until my knuckles began to ache. By then his face was bloodied up.

" Anthony ! Stop you're going to kill him !" Diana yelled pulling on my shoulders. Shrugging away from her i got up off the dudes limb body shaking my aching hand. " I need to get him cleaned up and you need your hand looked at." She said calmly. She was acting as if she did nothing wrong here. As if this was just a misunderstanding. By then i had felt my first temptation to put my hands on a woman. But i knew i wouldn't.

" The both of you have got 30 seconds to get out of here." I choked out. From my peripheral i could see her lover limping his way off the floor. Confident that he wouldn't try anything i payed no attention to him though, he didn't want another ass whooping. Along with a few charges if i really wanted to be foul. Diana continued to stare at me like i didn't just dismiss her from me. " NOW !" I barked show casing my gun on my hip causing her to jump back. For a second there myself i believed i really would shoot her if she didn't leave. Hearing the front door close gave me the confirmation that they both were gone but i still was not satisfied.

Going a few rounds with the wall punched a hole into it and broke the portrait i had hanging up as well. Although it messed my hand up a bit more it relieved some of the anger i was feeling.

Ant.

~

" Is he still coming ?" Dj asked as we approached my cousins apartment building out in Flatbush.

" Yes baby, thats what he said." I said referring to Senior. I really hope i wasn't getting my son's hopes up yet again. For the past three weekends he has canceled on Darren over dumb shit. All that commotion he made back at D&B's and he hasn't come around in almost a month. But i cant even be mad. I wont. We have been doing just fine with out him. The only thing i hate to see is my son get disappointed. " If he doesn't me and you can do something special again."

" Can we go see Nana and pop pop ?" He asked sounding a little eager.

" Of course, just ask cousin Chelsea." I said knocking on the door three times.

" How come you never go see them ?" He asked causing me to wince and flinch a little. I hate to lie to my child but he didn't need to know why. Chelsea opened the door just in time saving me from answering that question.

" Hey my god baby !" She squeaked holding her arms out for Darren. I have a bunch of other cousins but Chelsea is the only one I'm close to so yes she is my child's god parent. " Hey Ang." She said kissing my cheek as i returned hers.

" Hey Chell. What you cooking. It smells good in here."

" Girl thats that good ol' spanish food from up the block you smelling." She boasted making me laugh. Growing up you couldn't pay Chelsea enough money to step foot into a kitchen unless she was trying to impress some dude and ain't nothing change. " So what time is baby daddy coming over ?" She asked sitting on the couch across from me.

" Well he claims he'll be here by 7:30." I said looking at my watch seeing that it was now 6:00pm. Me and Dj been out since 10:00am and surprisingly i was not tired yet. " If he doesn't come i will pay you for tonight and come by in the morning to get him bright and early. " i offered but she waved me off shaking her head.

" Where you about to head ?" She asked.

" Make some runs. Then out to this club. You should come if Sr. Shows up." I offered batting my eyes. Chelsea wasn't really of a party type but when she did we always enjoyed our selves. And besides i didn't want to be the only one NOT lining coke up my nose while Trika took them like they were vitamins. I pouted my lip while she started to shake her head no.

" Depends on where you going ? And you better not say no webster hall either." She said scrunching up her face.

" Nope. Some of Trikas friends rented out a place called Toshi's Living room and Penthouse over on broadway in manhattan. Ive never been. Which is why you're coming." I asked making it sound more like a demand.

" Ive heard of that place. A few of the nurses invited me there." She said thinking. " Eh i guess ill go." She sang out smiling. " But." She said pausing all dramatically. Here we go. " Im only going if you let me find you a date."

" You are my date."

" Uh no heffa, you know what i mean. A man. A boo thang. Someone to humble your mean ass." She said rolling her eyes.

" I have a man. And hes sitting right over there in your room playing the game." I said pointing back at Djs direction.

" Ightt well see." She giggled. Chelsea better go on w. her self.

*
*

So Sr. Actually showed up according to Chelsea when she met me at the club at 11:30pm. And like always he was sending messages giving me a bunch of demands on how and how to act but i didn't pay him any mind.

" Name ?" The bouncer at the door eyeing Chelsea like she was desert on a plate. And she was sure 'nuff blushing in return. Holding my laughs in i let them eye fuck each other for a while before speaking up.

" Angel and Chelsea." I said pointing between her and i. He didn't even look at his list long enough before letting us in but hey i wasn't complaining. We headed inside and i saw a few eyes turn our way. Dressed in a long black strapless silk romper from Macy's that had a plunging neck line separating my breast with a pair 6 inch mint green closed toe heels. Chelsea dressed in a tight white half shirt sky blue high waist jeans and cheetah print shoes. We both looked good and no one could tell us differently.

It wasn't too wild in here but that was alright with me. Im here to have a good time and don't have to worry about anything. First i needed a few drinks in me. Making our way over and getting a seat at the bar, i ordered two shots of vodka while Chelsea sipped on a 'Slippery Nipple' after that i was in a bit of a dancing mood.

" See anyone you like ?" She shouted over the noise as we danced along to Ciara's Body Party. I rolled my eyes and kept swaying my hips to the music and sipping on my drink Ignoring her pleads and letting my eyes wonder until they came across a specific face.

" Okay ill make a deal w. you." I said smirking at her.

" Okay. Bet." She challenged. I stopped dancing and leaned in so she could hear me

" Lets switch the roles up a bit. Ill talk to any one of these cats here. He better be good looking and you have to know him though. Ill talk to him for the entire night too if you find that bouncer and go home with him." I proposed with my hand on my hip.

" Girl say no more." She laughed. Of course i would make sure i got his name address and license plate number before she left. No way was i doing my fam like that. " I got a even better idea." she said giggling. " If i get that nigga draws you have to go on a date w. who ever i pick." I couldn't help but laugh with her. She was tipsy already.

" Okay. Fine with me." I made my way back to the bar while Chelsea did her own search party for my ' Date '

" Ang." Chelsea called out returning 15 minutes later. " These are two nurses i work with Belinda and Derrick." She said as i turned around from the bar. " And this is detective Anthony Williams." She said pointing next to her. She winked letting me know he was my company. " Ant. This is my cousin Angel. " she smiled. " Well Derrick, Bee lets go dance" she said laughing.

" I think we've been set up." He smiled taking a seat at the bar next to me. " Hello Angel."

" Nice to meet you Anthony. Again." I emphasized making him chuckle.

Angel

____________________

So Angel and Anthony have crossed paths yet again.

Excuse any mistakes

Temporarily on hold until i receive 50+ votes and 30+ comments.
See yal when i see yal.

___Slimm 💥