C h a p t e r S e v e n T e e n *

Angel

"I-- I'm looking f-for--" Unable to speak i rested my elbows on the top of the desk and burried my face into my hands. "He wa-as just brought in tonight!"

"Ma'am?" The woman behind the questioned with a bored look on her face while scrolling through the computer infront of her. Im not sure if you can do time for beating a nurses ass but this broad sure was making me want to find out.

"Ms. we're looking for someone named Darren Jones Sr." Anthony informed. "He should have been brought in recently by paramedics."

"Oh." She said typing into the keyboard. "Are you guys family? i need to know your relations before i release any information."

"She's the mother of his son" Anthony continued to inform while i just stared into space. This wasnt happening. What the hell did Darren get himself into?

"Okay, Mr.Jones is still in surgery. It may be a while so If youll have a seat the doctor will be out to give you any further information." She stated with a weak smile. "Ma'am are you okay?" She questioned with concerned. "Do you need a doctor?"

"Shes fine." Anthony assured. "Baby." He whispered into my ear with his hand on my lower back. "Come, lets sit down." He instructed taking me by the hand and led us to the seats in the half empty waiting area. "Im sure he'll be fine. We just gota stay positive" Anthony continued to comfort as i laid my head on his chest.

"What if he--"

"Angel, lets just wait for the doctor. Try to relax." That was so much easier said than done. As much as i tried to stay calm the thought of my son growing up without a father was mind blowing.

I knew the type of life Darren lived and he wasn't always my favorite person in the world but that didn't mean he deserved to die. The only thing that kept running through my mind was, he's got to make it and what the hell did he get himself into that kept him away so long and got him shot up!? Where the hell is that doctor???

"Ang?" Lifting my head up i turned to see Chelsea with her purse on and scrubs and ID badge in her hand. "What are you doing here?" She questioned with concern. "Is it Dj?"

"No." I sighed pushing my hair back. "Its senior." I informed as she sat down on the other side of me. "You just getting through your shift?"

"No it just stared." She corrected giving Ant a brief small smile. "What happened with senior that you're here? Wheres DJ at?"

"He's over at my mothers with my daughter, speaking of that let me check on them while you and Angel talk." Anthony stated before standing up and turning his attention to his phone that was non stop ringing. "I wont be long okay? You need anything??" I simply shook my head no and watched him head over to the exit on his phone.

"Ang, what the hell?" Chelsea asked still waiting on answers.

"I don't know Chelsea, Damn." I groaned in frustration. "All i know is what the news said. He was shot along with someone else who died."

"The family of Darren Jones Sr?" I heard a thick accident call out causing my attention to go back to the nurses station, where the same woman pointed me out to the doctor dressed in surgical clothing.

"Thats me doctor." I answered standing up with Chelsea on my heels. "Is he alright? Please i need him to be fine." I pleaded as calm as possible.

"He's still in surgery. Im just here to give you a status update ma'am" he replied with a faint smile. "Although Mr, Jones was shot four times we were able to get the remaining bullet near his heart. A few arteries were pierced and it took a tole on his body so he's being stabilized but I'm certain hell pull through" he said with assurance then came the pause. "He will be taking up to recovery once were done but I'm afraid you wont be able to see him right away."