C H A P T E R N I N T E E N*

Angel

its been weeks since I've heard from Anthony and I can't say I was too thrilled about it. After the funeral I just knew I had to come clean. About everything. If I really loved this man the way I say I did I had to be honest. I couldn't look him in his eye any more and continue to lie to him. It was starting to hurt to bad.

At first I considered writing him a letter and everything. Even down to what king had did to me. Now I knew that wouldn't make shit better about me taking his brothers life but maybe he'd see that I just wasnt some cold blooded murderer. Maybe he wouldn't turn me in. But even with those two maybes floating around my head I wasn't stupid I knew once I exposed the truth to him Anthony would be done with me. no matter how much I wished other wise. Could you see yourself with the person who killed somone you loved?

Deciding that a letter wouldn't do it enough justice I knew a face to face would be what was best. Here I was worried about how my confession was going to play out and he was playing me all along. Not only did he have another woman living with him but it was that same bitch I use to see out in the club and we ran into at the mall. then to make matters worst she had been claiming to be pregnant.

Now I'm smart enough to know that females are spiteful and they'll make anything up just to get under the next females skin. but the possibility of her carrying Anthony's child hurt me to the fullest. Not only was I hurt I felt stupid as hell and played. one minute I missed him and wanted to work things out next minute I hated him and didn't want shit to do with him. one thing that kept bothering me though was, why hadn't he tried to contact me? it had been three weeks. we were supposed to get together to have dinner at his mom and that never happened.  Did he know I found out about his other woman? Did he even care?

"Angela baby ?" My aunt Laura called out to me removing me from my thoughts. "What's going on with you? I know something else is bothering you besides senior." she analysed. My aunt was always good at reading people. she was easy to come to for advise as well. our relationship was always good growing up but this wasn't something I saw myself expressing to her or anyone. I'm involved with a cop who's brother I murdered in self defense and my sons father died trying to cover it up. and the man I'm seeing may be involved with a crazy bitch who was dating his brother as well. yeah that if that don't sound like some jerry springer shit than i don't know what does.

"Its nothing important Aunt Lo." I assured giving her a faint smile. "Today isn't about me and my problems. were here to celebrate your birthday." I said forcing the excitement out. Today was her 40th birthday and Chelsea and my mother rented out a small area in this nice restaurant to celebrate. I wasn't too thrilled about spending my evening with my parents but I had never missed one of my aunts birthdays and I wouldn't stop now. besides it would be good to get out the house and stop being reminded of all the bad I caused.

"That doesn't mean I can't be here for my favorite niece." She assured giving my hand a tight squeeze. "Now tell me who this man is who got your head all fucked up." she taunted lighting a ciggeret and tossing the match off the balcony.

"Aunt Lo I'm your only niece." I giggled hopping she'd drop the issue.

"I'm waiting." She smirked gesturing for me to spill the beans already. Sighing deeply I knew she wasn't going to drop it. Just as I was about to give her a vague description of my drama Chelsea came in wearing a big bright smile.