C H A P T E R T W E N T Y

Anthony

Witnesses have stated that both suspects appeared to been engaged in a heavy argument before the confrontation escalated. No one gave a clear understanding of the entire thing but all witnesses agreed there were references to a robbery along with a murder at the Hilton hotel six months back. Still waiting on hotel footage to link either suspects

I knew right then and there I should've stopped myself but I couldn't. For days Casey's statement stuck with me and now I needed to know what she was talking about. In the beginning I didnt see how this could link Darren or Angela to Elijah's death. Until I read the arrest report for a final time. Stolen safety deposit boxes? Eli's boxes were never retrieved after his funeral. Asking my mother about them was simply out of the question. She'd have way too many questions about it. Questions that I needed the answers to first. So a trip to my brothers bank was needed. And how I wish I hadn't done that either.

Not only did he have plenty of more boxes but all of them were gone. Apparently he came to pick them up but there were a few things didn't add up here. The dates and signatures were off. It was not my brothers hand writing and how could he sign for something a month after his death? Once I saw the banks security feed I knew that Darren had indeed robbed Elijah. Not once did he face the camera but I knew it was him. Casey was right. My girlfriends ex was involved with my brothers murder. But that didn't mean Angela had anything to do with it. At least that's what I kept telling myself. I knew then I needed those hotels video footage.

And now here I am weeks later wishing I hadn't gone looking at all. I just knew once i got my hnds on those tapes that Darren would be identified as my brothers murderer. you cant charge a dead man for a crime so i was ready to solve this case and just move on. But it wasnt that simple any more. The moment i played that stupid tape my heart broke. Everything ive ever came to known was fucked up the second i laid my eyes on her. It wasnt Darren who had followed Elijah into that hotel room with a gun, it was her. It was Angela.

I must have watched that thing atleast fifty times looking for some type of explanation when there was none. Casey was right I did get into bed with the devil. I didn't want to accept that the i had fallen in love with my brothers killer. I couldn't. No one knew about the information that I had received from the bank and the hotel and there were moments where I believed that I wouldn't share it. Who would know right? Besides me. But truth be told I didn't know what I was going to do.

"Ant baby." The other voice called from the room enterence. Tracy. Lord knows I was getting tired of looking at this woman everyday but with the news I've been trying to digest finding her somewhere to live hasn't been an exact priority.

"What is it Tracy?" I asked sipping on my fourth glass of burbon continuing to gaze out the window.

"I asked you not to call me that." She complained as she made her way towards me. "I was wondering if I could have a little bit of money." She asked smiling sweetly causing me to let out a stiff laugh before gulping the remainder of my drink. "Its for the baby! You know your child that I'm having."

Tracy sure has been pressing this pregnancy issue but I'm not stupid. I'll let the doctor inform me whether she's pregnant or not then we'll start the processes of finding out if it was mine or not. She won't fool me for a second time.

God how the hell end up in here? I had let not one but two women deceive me. I'm a good hard working man a excellent father my judgment has been off for a long time. I'm tired of being lied to. If Angela or Tracy thought they were going to play me they had another thing coming. I knew what I had to do. It was time to get some goddamn answers. Snatching my wallet, keys and the half empty bottle of liqour and headed out.

Once I arrived at her condo I sat in my car to gather my thoughts for what seemed like forever. As pissed off as I was I didn't think I could face her. Attempting to take one last gulp of my drink I came to the realization that I had finished it before I arrived. "Fuck it." I shrugged tossing it into the street causing the bottle to shatter as I hopped out my car.

The moment she opened the door I was st lost for words. I didn't even know what the hell to feel. I needed to know why but all I wanted to hear was that it wasn't true, that all of the evidence I had was false. That what I saw on the camera wasn't real. Anything that would create a reasonable doubt I wanted to hear it. I needed to hear it. "Tell me It isn't true!" I cried out. "Baby tell me you didn't have anything to do with it." I begged gripping the sides of her face. "Please tell me its all wrong."

It felt like I had stared at her for hours before she had finally blurted out. "I did it! It was me."

Angel

The moment I blurted it out I knew I was done. It was over. We were over. What if he kills me? I thought to myself. The hurt, The betrayal, it was written all over his face. He didn't even bother to speak. He just continued to shake his head no in disbelief.

"Anthony." I called out walking towards him but he quickly backed away with his hands closed in a fist. "I'm sorry." I cried out. God I don't remember the last time I had cried so hard. I knew I was about to lose the man I loved but it felt like a giant weight had been lifted off of me. "I'm so sorry. I wanted to--"

"You wanted to what?!" He shouted with tears still forming in his eyes. "You wanted to keep pretending you didn't murder my brother!"

"No!" I yelled back. "I wanted to tell you. I tried to tell you."

"Noo youuu didnt!" He slurred. "W-what wasss this?" He asked motioning between the two of us. "Some kind of game? How could you look me in the eye every day after what you did? Why?"

I should've just told him everything. From Terrys story to the robbery to what king did to me, what he did to terry and what he was going to do to me. Believe me I wanted to tell him but I knew it wouldn't change the matter. "Why doesn't matter." I mumbled. He wouldn't believe my story anyway.

"What do you mean it doesn't matter!?" He yelled smacking the lamp of the table. "You're testing my patience right now I don't think you see how bad this can become." He threatened making me swallow hard. 

"Anthony please. Jr's right in the other room." I begged.

"What? You don't want your son to know that his mother is a killer!" He yelled some more knocking the photos off the table as well.

"Please calm down." I begged once more. Maybe I was pressing my luck talking because I was now back up against the wall with his hands around my neck. "Please --"

"Please what?!" He hissed with disgust. "You just admitted to the impossible and you want me to fucking calm down." He snorted. " I don't even know who you are right now." He mumbled letting me go.

"Yes you do." I defended. "I'm the same girl you fell for in the past six months.

"That's not enough."

_________________________________

Kay so I may have found a way to keep this story going but you guys might hate me after this chapter lol.

Read. Vote. Comment. Enjoy. Please excuse any errors.

___slimm