C h a p t e r. T w e l v e*

Angel

" Angel you promised." Chelsea continued. I swear my cousin could win a oscar with this performance but i wasnt buying it. " Im pretty sure Aunty is dying to see you." She referred to my mother causing me to huff in sarcastic laughter. I doubt that. Like i said my mother and i weren't all that close. Sure she did what she had to do to put three square meals in front of me and clothes on my back but everything else was pretty much non existent.

My nana Laura was who i bonded with the most. Every sunday night teaching chelsea and i how to cook, bi-weekly trips to the salon. Shit she was even the one i went to when i got my period, first kiss, lost my virginity, prom and the list goes on. Up until she died from a heart attack sophomore year of college she was basically my parental figure. And from then on it was just me by myself. Most people would resent their parent for things like this but i was completely indifferent about it. I love my mother dearly but you cant force a connection. Not every one is mother material.

" Yeah right. And i didn't promise id stay for dinner i promised that DJ could." I corrected. Grabbing my purse to get ready and call a cab my now annoying cousin kept trying to plead her case. I really dont know where Chelsea gets this damn persistent fix everyones problem attitude crap from my aunt Tina is the complete opposite i tell you. In fact if she was here instead of baltimore she probably would have popped my cousin in the face for me, letting her know to leave me the hell alone.

" Chels' please, its not happening. You know me and Crieg do not mix well."

" Okay so hes done some bad things and wasn't the ideal father but how bad could it have been?" Hmph some things are better left unsaid boo. Chelsea witnessed a few of my fathers ways after returning home but If She knew what happened the night before i left for school i know for a fact she would definitely drop this charade. Sometimes i saw myself just blurting it out just to shut her up but then lord knows she REALLY wouldnt leave it alone.

One thing i didnt need was her or anyone else's petty. Bitches get raped every day B, all my father did was slap me around man handle a little bit until i stopped fighting, kiss and touched on me for a while and made me do the same in return. So i guess that was just molestation in some perspective. Now if that wasn't enough to fuck my head up it was the fact that he kept calling me my mothers name was. It wasnt until a few days after i got settled into my dorm that he must have realized what he did because thats when i started getting the im sorry cards and pieces of cash.

That was enough to turn my confusion into pure disgust. You acted out your fantasies on your child and started paying her off to keep quite? For months i walked around questioning where the hell they do that at, not once taking consideration that he probably wasn't lucid enough to completely know. Eventually i became indifferent about that as well. but just because i learned to accept shit for what is doesn't mean i can ever feel comfortable around him again.

" Angela?" A voice called out bringing me back to reality. Walking over to the passenger side of Chelsea's car was my mother. To my surprise she actually seemed a little pleased to see me. " I wasnt expecting to see you here but little Darren told me you were out here so i thought id take the time to come out and take a look at my only child." She recited opening up the door and pulling me into a bear hug. In all honesty i wasnt too sure what was going off but still stayed polite enough to return the gesture. " Please tell me youre staying for dinner." She added ending the hug and looking right into my eyes. Fuck.

Anthony

" You know you don't have to go right?" She called out from the bathroom while continuing to brush her teeth. " I mean I'm not inviting you to move in and what not it just seems more convient, we do have to be to work in the next five hours." I was so wrapped up in looking for my cell that i wasnt completely paying attention to her invitation. " Right here." She said appearing from under the bed with my phone in her hand. Thank god for insurance i thought to myself as i noticed the small crack on the screen.

" Thanks."

" So who's Angela?" She asked grinning slipping A t shirt over her bare breast. " victim, witness, friend of the family, another female you're screwing?"

" Why does it matter Casey?" I asked stuffing my foot into the sneaker. Any other time i was able to ignore her smart remarks but this one in particular was striking a nerve. No one really likes a jealous woman especially one you're just sleeping with. Maybe on a girlfriend it would look sorta cute but not in this case.

I was so wrapped up in being in a rush and avoiding anymore unnecessary questions i didn't realize she was laughing until she came over and handed me my leather jacket. " It was only a joke. Don't get your thong in a bunch, her name showed up on your screen four times tonight so i figured you had somewhere else to be." She said faking a pout. " But i guess with what just happened in the last few hours i was wrong." She said bitting on her bottom lip.

Im a pretty intelligent man so i don't need anyone to tell me, girlfriend or not no woman would take a man thinking of another while sexually pleasing them too lightly. So i just played along with Casey. Who cares if her ego got stroked in the process. " Apparently." I added grabbing my keys and pecking her cheek. " See you at work." I called over my shoulder showing myself out.

~

Today was its usual boring day up until i was about to head out for my lunch. A frantic woman came up demanding help looking for her three month old son who was missing for almost two weeks. Waiting two weeks to report an infant missing rose a few suspicious glares, including from me. Turns out the woman was mentally disturbed and had never had a child. Then came the child who was caught inappropriately touching a girl in his class and claimed his parents taught him how to do it and even gave him lessons. One by one the crazed stories flew in. And the amount of them that were actually true didn't come close to matching.

(Please, tell me your day is going a whole lot better than mine right now.)

I laughed to myself after reading Angels message followed by a series of angry faces.

'Well that all depends on if whatever you have going on is more worst than the series of non existing crimes being reported.'

( Well at the moment I'm hiding from my mother in my old bathroom. Wanna trade places? ill gladly play cop for a day) The conversation on why she was playing hide and seek still remained an unanswered question so we transferred over to other topics and ended up on setting a day to meet up and go condo hunting with her cousin this weekend.

" Williams!" My captain shouted causing me to jump a little. As soon as i caught the look on his face i knew he wasnt buying that i wasnt just on my phone this whole time instead of looking through files on a current case. Without even being told to i headed into his office and took a seat. To my discovery i wasn't alone. There was another detective there but she wasn't from our unit. " Detective Williams, meet DEA agent Morales." My captain introduced.

She simply smiled and nodded which caused me to do the same instead of reaching out for an handshake " whats up Cap. whats going on?"

" You are son." She answered before he could. Son ? She barely looks two or three years older than me. " Youre the issue at hand."

" Excuse me ?" I replied as well mannered as i could being that she out ranked me but there was no way i wanted to sit here and be insulted.

" Jordan. Please." Captain Donald interrupted. " Anthony, it has been bought to my attention that you have been dipping into a case that you shouldn't have been and Agent Morales has informed me why. Im pretty sure you know where im getting at. Your brothers death--"

" You mean his murder?" I corrected darting evil eyes at the lady sitting next to me. She seemed to be amused.

" What ever you'd like to call it, its not your case son." He continued. " Or jurisdiction. Even if it was you and i both know that you working it is a conflict of interest." He continued to state the obvious and im pretty sure they both saw that i had no interest in this conversation so once again the woman interrupted.

" Well glad thats taken care of. Because i know ill be back here since you appear to be the stubborn type heres my card. Whatever information you think would be useful i encourage you to share it with me only. And thats not so much of a request." And with that she was out of the office making her way out of the squad room. Leaving me to marinate on her "Advise".

" Anthony, i really don't want to have to suspend you but i will. Drop this case, let the feds handle it. Pack up and get out of here." Donald added.

__________________

Shout out to wattpad app for deleting this chapter before i could post it, not letting me view my messages for like 2days and not letting me reply to ppls comments -___- get it together why don't you smh. But any-who special dedication to @AgentPrinceQueenDee thanks for the motivation hun lol.
I made sure to update just for you lmao 😊😊😊

Any thoughts? Yes? No? Maybe? Welppp please pardon any mistakes. Read Vote Comment Enjoyyyy. Remember votes and comments over 20 will get me to update faster.. See ya when i see ya. 😘

__slimm💥