C h a p t e r . S e v e n *

" Took you long enough." I complained as Chelsea opened up her apartment door. It was 4 in the afternoon and she looked like she had just woken up, half naked and all. " Aint you suppose to be to work by now ?" plopping down on her couch swinging my legs over the edge.

" No, i called out sick." She said rubbing her temples. " Wassup."

" Nothing, Sr. picked Darren up from school today so i thought id come check up on you from this weekend." She called and assured everything was alright after our little arrangement but this was my first time seeing her since. you would think we were out last night instead of two nights ago. " What are you still doing in bed ?"

" Chelsea baby where are the towels ?" A male voice asked coming into the living room. When he became visable i saw that it was the bouncer from the club we went to. And he was naked. What the hell ? When he noticed my eyes roaming over his lower body he cuped himself and winked at me.

" There are some in the closet next to the bedroom." She answered blushing. He came over to her kissed her lightly then walked back into the bathroom. I waited for the door to close before releasing the laugh i been holding. " Shut up." Chelsea said throwing a pilllow at me.

" What the hell, i told you to go home with him not move the nigga in." I said laughing even more. " So was he any good ?" I asked leaning over lowering my voice.

" Good girls don't kiss and tell." She quoted giggling after. A little while later the bouncer who's name is Mitch came out in his work attire.

" Im about to head out. I look forward to seeing you again." He said taking Chelsea's hand into his.

" Like wise." She said removing her hands from his and closing up her robe.

" Oh and Angel." He said not looking my way. " Don't forget to call up my man Ant." He added tossing a pair of boxers at me making my jaw drop. He kissed Chelsea on the forehead and left out. As soon as she locked up the door she exploded into laughter.

" You think you slick." I said folding my arms across my chest.

" I got the nigga drawers didn't i ?" She stated tilting her head to the side.

" It dont count."

" Yeah whatever. Anyway you saw how my night ended. Now about yours ?" She asked heading into her kitchen and coming back with two wine glasses filled up.

" Well if your wanna be cupid ass aint leave me you would know that me and the man already met." I said coming out my shoes and putting my braids up.

" When did this happen ?" Taking a sip of her drink and handing me mine.

" We officially met back at Dave and Busters before senior started showing his ass then he showed up to return my wallet that i didnt even know i lost. turns out he got a little girl who goes to DJ school." I said shrugging my shoulders.

" Yeah i think i met her before. So what else happened ?" She pressed.

" Damn. Nothing. Why you so into me messing w. this dude ?" I asked sipping on my drink. " I dont got time for no cop breathing down my neck.

" He's a cop not a priest. Hes still a man at the end of the day." That still did not answer my question on why she was trying to hook us up. I got better things to do.

"What ever. Tell me what happened after i left."

" We made fun of your match making ass for a little while then we went out to the balcony and just talked for a little. Nothing too special." I informed making her suck her teeth and roll her eyes.

" How you expect to get a man if you so boring. Where your personality at ?!" She was taking her 'Job' way too serious right now but it humored me.

"Okay damn girl. We did dance to a few songs and exchanged numbers. But he just got out of a relationship, he didnt go into much detail but fromthe looks of it, he was played straight up so all imma say is that youre setting this man up for double the hurt Chels. You already know what im about." I said honestly.

" Angela." She said sitting her glass down, putting her knees into her chair and folding her hands together. " You are just about the most money and sex hungry females i have met. and for no reason too, You have a goddamn bachelors in Nursing and are certified in just about every damn thing. We grew up far from poor and youve been working since how old ? yeah your a single parent but you are financially set so all that fucking and nickle and dimin' you be doing is pointless for real." She preached.

" Whats your point ?" I asked not really tryna hear what she had to say. Me and Chelsea argue like cats and dogs when we cant agree on something so i could see where this was about to head.

" Find a damn man ! Do something with your self. All you do is cater to DJ, Shop, sell weed and fuck no life having niggas." She half yelled. " I aint saying you aint shit cus you doing real good for your self but you can always do better baby sis." She air quoted around calling me sis. " Not everyone is like Uncle and Darren boo. Go be happy for a change."

" What makes you think im not happy ?" I questioned but she didnt answer instead she just shook her head. " I dont need a man to be happy but since you so pressed about it ill get a man when you find one."

" Bitch dont be tryna make this about me and my problem, dont make me come over there." She threatened rolling her neck making me laugh.

" Ight what ever. Help me get these braids out now," I requested puckering up my lips at her. Sr. took DJ to one of his class mates birthday parties and i had to pick up in almost four hours so i had enough time to get this head of mine done.

Angel ~

*

*

Elijah Williams January 23rd 1987- Oct. 16th 2013. A beloved son, brother and well respected business man. Envolved in the community he was raised in.

I took one last look at my brothers tombstone before heading to exit the cemetary to check in on my mother and sister, They havnt been doing well at all since the funeral last month. My mother official retired from teaching pre-schoolers while my sister temorarly moved over to brooklyn with her to help out around the house. Neither of them go anywhere really and no one longer comes over aside from my grandmother and myself.

It seemed like everything that could go wrong did within this past month. Work wasnt much a distraction from the death of Elijah and Diana's Infedelity. Two out of four cases ive been working on has been sealed and labeled cold. I had my hopes set on collaring these guys for the living and deceased victims but it just wasnt happening. So with all the free time i had ive been spending it with Destiny who has been non stop asking about Diana. How do you explain to your child that you and your significant other parted ways due to being caught cheating ? You dont thats how.

Does it hurt to know that a woman youve never once mistreated could throw away a three year relationship like that ? Of course. Im a man but we do have feelings, most of us. But will i sit around and declare all females a bunch of bitches and hoes, become depressed or one of these womanizers with a point to prove ? No. Theres more where she came from. This friday was the start of me stepping back into the bachelor world and its safe to say i havnt missed anything too special, Still pretty much the same vibe it was a few years ago, then again ive never been that well into dating. I did manage to have a few drinks with a handful of attractive and interesting women including the woman angel ive been running into a lotb lately but it wouldnt be wise to jump into something right after getting out of something serious and still pretty fresh.

I was cut from my thoughts by my phone ringer causing me to become aware of the time. Destiny was at a class mates birthday party and i had to pick her up in a little while so i decided to head over there a little early. As i was about to start my engine up i spotted someone moving around in the Cemetary. I caught a better look once they stopped over at what seemed to be Eli's Grave. It was Diana. What was she doing here ? She never met him before. I rolled down my window and watched her consol herself and lay a small bouquet of flowers in front of the tombstone. This wasnt making any sense to me. how could she be so torn up over a stranger ?

As i watched her stand there apart of me felt nothing, while my curiosity wondered how she been. I haven't seen her since she came by to get some of her things. I thought about confronting her about the missing six hundred dollars from my bank account but we said nothing and she left. At first i convinced myself that i let her keep the money because i was just that guy and i still loved her. But now looking at her i guess i did her once last favor knowing she didn't have anyone else out in the city. All her family were down south.

Truth be told i made the money and more back after selling the car i bought her so i guess that added to my generosity as well. The only thing i wanted to know now was what kind of ties this woman had with my brother and how long. Maybe she knew something about who killed him. One things for sure was i was going to find out one way or another.

Anthony ~

__________________

Read. Vote. Comment. Please excuse any mistakes. Next chapter will be updated if i receive 12+ comments on this chapter alone. I see authors looking for 100 per chapter so im not asking for a lot at all.
😐😕 And for those who are reading Diamonds Are Forever 10 more comments and the next chapter is yours But i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.😊

See ya when i see ya
✌👋

__Slimm
💥