04

Today is totally not Marinette's lucky day; Chloe has been pestering her the whole day, Adrien wasn't present in school, she flunked her Chemistry quiz for some odd reason and her orange juice spilled all over her shoes, leaving an ugly stain on it.

This day couldn't get any worse.

Marinette stomped her way to the park in order to relax for a bit and get some fresh air. She sighed contentedly as the cold wind brushed her exposed skin as she walked, feeling a bit relaxed now. All she wanted for now was to remove the negative thoughts and memories off her head and cool off; she didn't want to ruin her day.

She tiredly plopped down onto the unoccupied seat in the park. She stared blankly at the children running around and playing with each other as her mind wandered over to random things. She wondered about the little things in life: why she was chosen as Ladybug, why Hawkmoth wanted her Miraculous, why Chloe was being Chloe, and the list goes on. As she wondered on, unknown to her, Adrien was making his way over to join her.

The heroine jumped, startled, once a hand made contact with her shoulder. She shrieked and swatted his hand away on instinct, but Adrien pulled back just in time before she could do it. Marinette slowly lifted her gaze from the hand to the owner, and her cheeks warmed up in an instant. The thought that she almost hurt Adrien repeated over and over in her head as she stared at the confused teen model in front of her.

Marinette gasped. "A-Adrien! I'm really, really sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you! I'm so, so sorry!"

Adrien scratched the back of his head and smiled reassuringly at her, making her heart flutter. "It's fine, Marinette. You didn't hit me. I should be the one apologizing. I...I startled you." he said guiltily as he averted his gaze to the ground.

The teen felt guilty for seeing Adrien like this. Her hand was itching to pull him into a hug and reassure him that it was alright. But then again, they were just mere classmates. Nothing more, nothing less. It's not like it'll grow to something bigger, right?

And so, with courage, she placed a hand on his shoulder and said, "Hey, don't be guilty! U-Um how about we—" she trailed off as her eyes frantically moved as she thought of something to cheer him up; how about taking a walk? No, that's too boring. How about going to the museum? No, He has probably seen it hundreds of times or he might get bored.

'What can lift up his mood?' Marinette thought to herself.

She grinned from ear to ear once she thought of an idea. She was full aware that he loved pastries, especially croissants. It would certainly lighten up his mood...hopefully.

"—go to our bakery and eat croissants! How does that sound?" she continued.

Adrien's face beamed in excitement upon bringing up the topic regarding croissants. "That sounds awesome, Marinette! I still have an hour and a half before my photo shoot, so I don't see a reason not to accept your invitation." He replied. Marinette removed her hand from his shoulder and gestured to the direction of their bakery with her thumb saying, "All right, shall we?"

* *

Adrien was practically drooling at the sight of the pastries, especially when the croissants were served. He wanted to take one already and bite into it, but he was too polite to not wait for Marinette to return from her room. If only he was Chat Noir, he would have the guts to devour the whole thing already.

"I'm back! Sorry if I took so long." said Marinette as she pulled the seat in front of him. They were seated by the window, giving them a beautiful view of Paris. She told her parents that they would eat outside, but the couple insisted them to have it inside. For some reason, Marinette could feel her parents were planning something.