05

"Marinette, don't drool all over your homework!"

Marinette screamed and jolted awake from her desk, knocking off some things from it in the process. Her tired eyes scanned the room for the owner of the voice, which turned out to be her best friend, Alya. The brunette stood beside her with her hands were on her hips with a stern look on.

"Alya? What are you doing here?" she asks as she rubs her eyes. Alya held up a plastic bag as she rolls her eyes and laughed at her, "We have a project to work on, remember? Or were you too busy keeping the pigeons from eating your homework?" At that point, Marinette knew that she was red as a tomato in embarrassment. Remembering that embarrassing lame excuse was the last thing she wanted to do today.

"That was one time, Alya. Besides, the pigeons did eat my homework." defended Marinette. 'Well, Mr. Pigeon's pigeons did.' thought Marinette to herself.

"Sure thing, girl," trailed off Alya, not quite convinced by her excuse. Oh well, after all, Marinette's known as the Queen of Lame Excuses, at least she was for Alya. It was as if the girl was a living lame excuse generator, really. The blogger sat at the center of her room and scattered the materials for the project. Marinette shrugged and made her way over to Alya and helped with the project.

Marinette turned to Alya, saying, "So, where shall we start?"

The duo began to work on their project. They were both focused on it, giving all their best to gain the highest score in their project. The two would talk to each other occasionally, but it was brief. Their current goal was to get the highest grade in their project in the class, hence the quiet and determined atmosphere in Marinette's room.

Miraculous!

Marinette immediately reached for her cellphone beside her, a confused look on her face. She glanced at Alya, who was staring at her curiously with a raised brow. Marinette shrugged and began to read the message once she unlocked her phone.

It read:

'Sent by: Adrien ⭐💍💌🗼🌹🐈♥♥
Hi. What r u doing?'

At first, she thought the sender was some weird dude. But when she saw who sent it, she began to squeal and jump. She felt like she just won the lottery. It's not like everyday your crush, the love of your life, your future husba--maybe that's a bit too much--texts you first. She didn't even make a move!

Marinette jumped. "He texted me! He texted me!" she continuously exclaimed. Alya giggled and stopped midway from cutting the paper, saying, "Calm down, girl. Who texted you?"

"Adrien! Adrien Agreste, my love!"

And in an instant, the two teenagers were now hugging each other as they squealed, completely forgetting all about the project they were making. Alya snatched the phone from her hands and stared at its screen, "Wait. Since when did you have Adrien's number? I don't remember giving you his number. Marinette... did you steal his phone again?"

Marinette started to play with her fingers as she stared at her shoes. "N-No! It's nothing like that. W-Well, since yesterday. I--" Alya cut her off as she turned her around forcefully, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Tell me all the deets!" she says as she hands the phone back to her. "But first, you have a boy to reply to."

The jet black haired girl started to type her message as her hands shook and her mind raced. Her heart was pounding against her chest and she felt like she was about to explode. Sure she can't see him, but he's still there! And that thought alone makes Marinette a nervous wreck. This didn't get past Alya, though.