19

Today's the day every single student of Paris has been waiting.

Today is the grand prom.

Today, girls will be swooning over boys in outrageous suits, boys will be dancing girls in glamorous dresses, and cupid will start shooting people.

Today will be surely magical.

Well, unless you're inside your room sneezing a ton of times with a box full of tissue on your beside table on the night of the grand prom, today won't be any of those. And it will surely be not magical, totally.

Take our favorite heroine as an example, who just happens to be in the exact situation stated above.

"Marinette, you can't go to the prom like this! Look at yourself, you're an absolute mess!" exclaimed Tikki as she circles Marinette's figure, full of worry. On the other hand, the stubborn lady pursued on doing her makeup for the prom, despite Tikki's protests, but couldn't do so due to the fact that she kept on sneezing uncontrollably.

The jet black-haired teen persisted on doing her makeup. "I-I-I w-w-won't g-g-g-g-g-g-g-i-v-ve u-up!"

The tiny kwami sighed exasperatedly. Knowing her holder, she won't give up that easy. But that's what probably made her Ladybug--she's just that stubborn and will always continue on whatever it takes. She just doesn't know when to give up... unless she's lost the motivation, that's when everything goes downhill.

The moment that Marinette sneezed, Tikki knew that the fiery Marinette Dupain-Cheng was about to be released. So, she rushed toward the back of her shelves as the ill girl raged inside her room, stomping and shouting. After about more than five times trying to apply her eyeliner as straight as possible after getting it crooked due to sneezing, it's no wonder that she exploded just like that.

"I'm sick of this! Why can't I just--Achoo!--" she started, but was interrupted by the involuntary urge to sneeze.

The trapdoor to her room opened, revealing Sabine's poking head as she watched her daughter rage in frustration. She just so happened to have heard her daughter's frustrated shouts while working at the bakery and decided to check on her, only to find her cinnamon shouting at her eyeliner while holding a tissue by her nose.

Sabine shook her head and chuckled. "The eyeliner won't obey you, you know."

Marinette's head snapped at her direction, and she immediately stood straight and hid her eyeliner behind her back while chuckling nervously, seemingly embarrassed being caught shouting at it. "H-H-H-Hey m-m-ma--Achoo! --Ugh! Can't I just stop sneezing just this once and attend the prom?" replied Marinette, but was interrupted once again by her illness. The baker decided to climb up the stairs and sit her ill daughter down on her chair by her desk and tended her. She gasped upon seeing how terrible she looked, with her face beet red and her eyes puffy, saying, "Oh my! You need to rest, Dear. You're in terrible shape!"

She sighed and folded her arms across her chest in disagreement, saying, "I'm still going to the prom. I can do this, I ca-- ew!" As if on cue, a bit of mucus slid out of her nose, which was a common occurrence whenever you have a runny nose... or something. Disgusting at it sounds, but it's reality. Marinette immediately wiped it off with her tissue, and threw it in the nearest trashcan afterwards before burying her face in her hands.

"I won't be able to go to the prom, will I?" muttered Marinette, loud enough for her mother to hear, to which Sabine caressed her back comfortingly as a reply. "I'm sorry, Sweetie, but you'll only end up suffering more if you do. I know how important it is to you, but..."

The frustrated teen lifted her face from her hands, and flashed her mother a reassuring smile. "It's all right, Mama. I'll just stay here and rest. Besides, I can't risk showing up in front of Adrien with my face like... this." she said, while making exaggerated hand gestures.

"Are you sure you're all right?"

"Very, very, very sure!"

The older woman sighed in relief before standing up to get her daughter some medicine after hugging her tightly. Once Marinette was all alone with Tikki, who was still behind her shelves, and Kairi who seemed to be in a deep sleep on her bed, she took out her phone and immediately texted Alya, simply stating that she won't be able to go to the prom.

No explanation, no further information, just that.

"What a beautiful day."

She folded her arms on her table and buried her face in it, slowly closing her eyes in order to rest her mind. She was upset, exhausted, and sick at the same time, she is in dire need of sleep. After all, her head was hurting so much.

Yes, perhaps some sleep can take all the negativity-- and Hawk Moth --away.

* *

"Psst! Psst!"

The noise had been going on for this past ten minutes, and she was getting tired of it. All she wanted was some sleep, and this is what she gets while slumbering. Slowly, she fluttered her eyes open and turned to the direction of the sound, which was right behind her. The moment she turned around, the first thing she saw was Adrien, inside her room for some reason, in a freaking green costume she knew all too well.

"Would you like an adventure now, or would you like to have your tea first?"

There were no words to express how confused she was at the moment.

Claw-alter's Paw-te:

Hello everyone!

Here's a chapter containing two dorks, one awesome best friend, and one kwami cutting off the magical moment, with no tomato included. Yes, the tomato will be resting for now. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Also, to everyone who doesn't know yet, updates will be slower starting from now. I've got a lot of things in mind and especially since school is just right around the corner, waiting to haunt me. So, yeah, I'm really sorry about that!

Anyways, thank you guys so, so much for the reads, comments, votes, and support you've all given me! This book has over 20k plus reads and 2k plus votes! We've come a long way, folks, and it's all thanks to you guys! All of you rock <3

Anyways, here are our chapter-ly (NEW MADE-UP WORD) hashtags:

anyaflorence #HATEISINTHEAIR #FANCYCHATINDAPROM #BETTERNOTGOTODPROM

miraculous_poptart #itsureasHECKbetternotbetomato

sonotvic #AdrienIsGonnaDie #Mari,YouBrokeHim #ChloesNewBodyguards

escholl13 #shatyou'regood (thank you! <3) #thatdamncat

Bailey_Weasley319 #ITWASTHETOMATO #IMONTOYOU

AmelliaRose2002 #kittydontlikeboy

nmnyoungh #LetTheCatsBeEverInYourFavour #DontLetChatGetScolded #WhoIsThatDork #ChatMeowt

Goldi480 #throwcatoutawindow

You and your theories, guys, amaze me.

Once again, thank you and have a nice day!

EDIT 28/08/16: Hello loves! I've revised this chapter! Hope that it's much better now! Thank you all for reading <3

Also, did anyone get that quote at the end of the chapter? *Wiggles eyebrows*