18

Quick note: As some of you may have noticed, I've rewritten this chapter. It's because I personally think that the story is going nowhere and is starting to get really bland. So, here's my take two! Hope it's much better this time!

--

Presently, the two girls, Marinette and Alya, were shopping for dresses for their prom at the nearby clothing store. You might be asking though, Marinette? Shopping for her clothes? Well, our dear Marinette lacked the time to create her own due to her duties as Ladybug and as a student. Knowing that a prom is very rare in France, they've decided to go crazy on picking and looking best on prom night, which will be tomorrow night. They had originally planned on shopping for any Gabriel Agreste design, but upon seeing the price of the gorgeous and elegant turquoise dress they found , they immediately zoomed out of the shop and transferred to the next shop on their list.

Well, at least the next shop had equal beautiful dresses and were much cheaper.

"Oh. My. Gosh, M! Girl, girl, girl, girl! Come here, quick!" called out Alya to her friend from an aisle of formal dresses. Marinette sighed deeply before turning from the silver jewelry she was staring at in admiration to her overly-excited best friend. Oh well, she didn't have that much money to purchase it anyway.

Alya pulled a strapless red sweetheart dress which flowed elegantly just an inch above the knee. With the black tulle skirt and the black sequins scattered at the top part, the dress reminded Marinette of Ladybug, her alter-ego, which she assumed to be the reason of Alya's excitement. It was simple, but beautiful. "So... what do you think? Is it beautiful? I'm thinking of buying it!" said the blogger while fanning herself with her hands.

Marinette shook her head and crossed her arms over her chest, with a brow raised, saying, "Let me guess: you would like to buy it and wear it for tomorrow because it reminds you of Ladybug?"

"What's wrong with it? You can wear a white over-shirt  with a black shirt underneath, some jeans, and some orange sneakers just like Adrien for all I care. Now, let's go and try this baby on!"

In an instant, Marinette was a blushing mess as she grumbled under her breath and trailed behind Alya to the fitting room with the dress in hand. As she waited outside of Alya's cubicle, her slender fingers glazed over the collection of dresses while searching for hers. A smile was plastered on her face once she caught sight of the baby pink dress. It was a tea-length a-line lace dress, with a black beaded tulle skirt. Marinette knew in an instant that this was the perfect dress for her, and that she didn't need to search anymore. But seeing that there was no price tag, she has to roam around and search for a saleslady first before going any further.

With the dress in her hands, she roamed around the shop for a staff to ask for the price. But just as she was about to take a step forward, an ear-piercing scream alerted her and sent the crowd running for their lives in an instant, terrified. Marinette, on instinct, dropped the dress somewhere where she hoped that no one will see and rushed into the streets to a nearby alley.

Her purse clicked open, and out came Tikki, a smirk creeping up on her face. "Way to destroy your search for the 'perfect' dress. Anyway, are you ready?"

"Of course I am. Come on, there's no time to lose! Paris needs Ladybug! Tikki, transform me!"

Bright light engulfed her body for seconds as she transformed into her heroic alter-ego. Once she was done with her transformation sequence, she was instantly swinging in the air from building to building as her blue eyes searched the currently deserted streets of Paris.

Her eyes widened for seconds once she spotted a familiar figure in the distance. The oh-so-familiar pigtails and dress with a puffy skirt and her dark umbrella in hand told her everything.