07

After the kissing incident, Marinette never calmed down. Her heart was pounding in her chest and her mind repeatedly reminded her of earlier's event; how it felt when he kissed her and cupped her face. Earlier, Adrien explained the reason why he did that, saying that Nathalie, his father's assistant, and Gorilla, his chauffeur, were close by at that time. Seeing that there was no other way to not ruin the night for the both of them, he kissed her. Honestly, she was a bit disappointed that it didn't mean anything at all.

'Calm down, Marinette. It's just a kiss. A simple meaningless kiss.' she repeatedly reminded herself as she walked by Adrien's side in the cold Parisian night. Out of the corner of her eye, she could make out his tired eyes frantically scan their surroundings as he occasionally pulls his hood to his face. She felt her cheeks warm up as she thought of today's events. She never thought a simple date could contain something so, so beautiful and magical.

She sighed deeply as she stared up in the night sky full of twinkling stars. Unconsciously, she stopped and reached out for the dazzling stars above. Something was so captivating about them; how it twinkled and followed you around. Adrien stopped not too far away from her upon noticing her disappearance beside him, and turned to see the teen reaching out for the sky. Her eyes glinted and her face held an expression he can't quite describe. Love? Pain? Sadness? He wasn't quite sure. He silently watched her in utter amusement, not noticing the snow that was starting to fall from above.

"Marinette?" he called out to the girl in front of him. She briefly glanced his way before bringing her arms down beside her, while her gaze at the sky never left. She smiled sadly, "Hey, Adrien?"

Adrien tensed up upon hearing his name escape her lips. "Yeah?"

"Do you believe in the power of wishes?"

And then, she turned to look at him with her bright and heavy-lidded blue eyes, which seemed to contain some kind of... mysterious glint. For a moment, as he stared at her eyes, he saw her; he saw his lady's fiery blue eyes. Needless to say, he was enchanted.

He rapidly shook his head. No, he can't be. He loved Ladybug with all his heart, not her.

Adrien warmly smiled at her as he rubbed his arms due to the cold, "Yep, I do. I often wish whenever the clock strikes 11:11. It somehow gives me hope, you know?" Marinette smiled back at him as she walked over to his side, rubbing her arms in the process. "I'm glad I'm not the only one. It also gives me hope in everything, too, especially when things get a bit rough." she trailed off as she chuckled nervously and pulled her gray cardigan closer to her. She gestured in the direction of her home and winked, "Well, we better be going. It's starting to get really chilly here."

Adrien snapped out of his train of thoughts and nervously scratched the back of his neck. "Yeah, we should go. Your parents must be worried."

"And your father must be furious!" she jokingly said, to which the teen model only laughed as a response.

"Tell me about it. Come on, I wouldn't want you to catch a cold."

And so, the two silently walked side by side in the cold Parisian night as they made their way towards her house. It didn't last too long since the walk to her home was short. They exchanged goodbyes to each other before they parted and went their own separate ways. As Marinette watched his retreating figure dreamily, her purse clicked and out came Tikki.

"That was the cutest and sweetest thing I've ever seen! I'm so happy for you, Mari!" squealed the kwami as she rubbed her cheek against Marinette's. The love-struck teen brought up a hand to her beating chest and sighed contentedly, "Help, I can't feel my feet, Tikki. I think that I'm going to faint in happiness."