08

"N-Nathaniel?"  

He smiled cockily and sauntered over to her as he twirled his pen with his finger. He was far different from the sweet and innocent Nathanielshe once knew. From the way he moved to his attitude, he was a completely different person. He held such ferocity in his eyes and his posture showed how highly he thinks of himself.

He was akumatized.

He knelt down to the ground in front of Marinette and gently cupped her cheek. He growled once Marinette turned away and kicked him, clearly not pleased with his actions. "Don't touch me." she hissed and angrily squinted her eyes at him. Nathaniel's eyes softened, losing track of the reason he was doing all of this: to take what is supposedly his and get Ladybug and Chat Noir's Miraculous. A faint purple outline of a butterfly glowed on his face. He irritably muttered inaudible words under his breath as he seemingly fought back. 

'It must be Hawk Moth trying to remind him about his main objective.' she thought to herself as she silently watched him.

"Why are you even doing this, Nathaniel? This isn't you!" she exclaimed as she violently thrashed around in order to loosen the rope bounding her feet and hands. The purple outline disappeared, and he only stared at the ground guiltily for a brief second, before it turned into a furious one.

"I'm so sorry, Marinette, but he left me no choice." he whispered as he stood up and began to sketch away onto his tablet, and an eagle appeared in an instant. The large creature spread its wings and hovered above their heads as it let out a sound. Nathanielwhistled to catch the eagle's attention, which he successfully did.

"Find Adrien Agreste and bring him to me. I want him unharmed, clear?" The eagle chirped as a response before it dashed away to the outside. On the other hand, Marinette's mind was racing and her chest started to hurt in nervousness. Adrien was in danger; she needs to get out of the area as soon as possible. She started to plot a plan, but realized that her purse wasn't with her. Which means, she lost Tikki.

Her eyes widened in terror as she frantically searched for her purse around her. 'Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no! What am I going to do? I'm powerless without Tikki!' she thought to herself as sweat dripped from her forehead. After several seconds, she managed to calm herself down through thinking positively. She squinted her eyes at Nathaniel's--or shall we say, Evillustrator's--retreating figure in thought. She bit her lip and averted her eyes to the ground as she debated with herself whether she was going to commence with the plan she made or not.

'Danggit, Marinette! Just do it!' she mentally scolded herself and groaned.

Marinette sighed. "Nathaniel, what does Adrien have to with this? Why are you doing all of this?" Evillustrator stopped dead on his tracks for a moment, and slowly turned to face Marinette with a grim expression. "Why am I doing this? Simple, that blasted Adrien took everything away from me! He took everyone's attention, love, support, and... you! Do you know how much that hurts? To see the one and only love of your life with someone else?" he replied and clenched his fists tightly as it slowly paled.

Meanwhile, Marinette was fuming with anger by the words he released, temporarily brushing off his confession. "What do you mean he stole everything from you? He most definitely did not! Everyone in the class cares for you, Nathaniel! What made you think of him like that?"

Nathaniel angrily brushed his pen's tip across his tablet, and in a blink of an eye, the metal poles were sliced and clattered onto the floor. "The fireworks display. He kissed you, didn't he? I was there. I saw it all with my very own eyes!" he raised his tone and cackled as he hung his head low. Marinette felt a shiver go down through her spine as her eyes widened even more, 'He saw the kiss? Oh no. He got akumatized all because of the kiss!'