13

Presently, the duo were racing past people in the hallway, occasionally apologizing to people they would trouble or bump into. Not too long ago, a scream resonated down the hallway. What was so significant about it? Well, it just so happens to be Plagg's, according to Adrien. This made Adrien and Marinette leave their two best friends behind while they were waiting for the teen model's chauffeur in the hospital lobby. Marinette insisted for him to stay with them and let himself recover, but the boy was too stubborn to follow her right now. For Pete's sake, the kwami was gone for a day! Who knows what happened to that lazy and reckless kwami?

 "Stop it! Stop!" 

Adrien's heart beats rapidly against his rib cage as he continued to run, even though his legs were beginning to get painful as time passes. Oddly enough, no one seems to be curious about the scream. Barely no one reacted to it; they were all stone-faced and did their businesses. It was absolutely weird and creepy. They stopped for a brief moment in order identify which way it came from, and thanks to his cat-like abilities he gained as Chat Noir, he was able to identify that it came from the left corridor, which leads to the hospital's kitchen. This sparked hope in Adrien.

A large grin graced his lips as he pointed in the direction of the said corridor, hope glinting in his emerald eyes. "Quick! That way!" he informed her, to which she nodded in response. He took the lead and ran as fast as he could to the left corridor, this alarmed Marinette, though. She was temporarily in charge of the teen model. Sure he was pretty much invincible and all, but he's still human and is still recovering!

"Cha--I mean Adrien, slow down! Don't overdo yourself!" she yelled after him, but the boy was too focused on seeing Plagg that he could barely even hear what she was saying. Marinette groaned and gave up on preventing him from overdoing himself, thinking that, especially in his state right now, it was impossible to prevent him from doing so. 

Once she noticed where she was heading to, she pulled him by his over-shirt. Adrien peered at Marinette behind his shoulder with an annoyed look, while Marinette shook her head. "Think before you act. You're entering an'employees only' area. I suggest that we think about this thoroughly, okay?" said Marinette as she let go of his over-shirt.

Adrien stood up straight and placed his hands on his hips. "Fine. What do you suggest then?"

Marinette thought about it for a moment; what were they suppose to do exactly? They can't just snatch employee clothes nor can they make a 'grand entrance' in the kitchen. So, what were they suppose to do? A light bulb went off inside Marinette's head as a mischievous smirk escaped her lips, creeping out Adrien a bit. "Mari... you okay?"

She clasped her hands together and rubbed it against each other as a victorious smirk played on her lips. "Absolutely fine. Can you scream?" she questioned her partner. Adrien confusingly stared at her with a raised brow and hesitantly replied, "Yes?"

* *

"Ladybug! Oh my gosh Ladybug is here!" screamed Adrien in the most girly manner he could muster behind the wheelchair he was hiding in. He muttered curses under his breath and swore to get his revenge later on for Ladybug making him do something beyond embarrassing. Meanwhile, Ladybug was stifling a laughter as people began to circle around her once she heard his scream. It was so cute and cringe-worthy at the same time, if that was even possible. She was definitely not going live it down.

"Ladybug, can I take a picture with you?"

"Ladybug is actually here!"

"Can I please get an exclusive interview for my LadyBlog?"

"Please, people! Calm down!" said Ladybug as she raised both hands in front of her as people, even patients, continued to bombard her with questions and compliments, which overwhelmed her a bit. The people were starting to get out of hand, to the point that she heard one nurse call the security to make her leave the hospital. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Adrien silently making his way over to the kitchen like in their plan. She silently prayed to God for him not to get caught and that he will be able to find Plagg.