14

Marinette was absolutely exhausted and tired the following day; she wasn't able to sleep properly last night, nor was she able to take a break or two in between her studying session with Adrien. Chat Noir told her to sleep for at least an hour, but she did not oblige due to the fact that the heroine was determined to gain a high score in her test in order to raise her grade in Chemistry class. After all, she has had enough of the snickers and the insults of Chloe and of seeing a low score on all of her Chemistry-related schoolwork.

But it just so happened that Miss Mendeleiev had to cancel the quiz and reschedule it tomorrow due to some conflict in her schedule today, which greatly frustrated and relieved Marinette at the same time. Yes, they were safe from the ever-dreaded test, but the class wasn't safe from an activity. Actually, it was a review game for their exam. 

Marinette wasn't so pleased by it though. Well, of course all of them weren't. But her case was different. Why? Well, it's all because they were asked to group themselves into three, with one group consisting of two members, plus, they were free to choose their members. But the worst part of it all? She became group mates with Adri--

"It's polyatomic Ions--" Nathaniel stated as he began to rise from Marinette's left in order to answer on the blackboard, but was cut off and stopped once Adrien stood up from Marinette's right. "No, I'm pretty sure it's spectator ions! Come on, Marinette, tell him that I'm right!" exclaimed Adrien confidently as he puffed his chest out, while the artist pinched the bridge of his noise and shook his head frustratingly.

When has the great Adrien Agreste become this stubborn?

Marinette groaned in between them. "Adrien, Kitty, sit down, please. You've already caused us to lose 3 points. I'm not taking the same risk again. Plus, Nathaniel's right. More than one atom covalently bonded sharing a positive or negative charge are polyatomic ions. Now, for the love of bugs, sit down!"

Adrien hesitantly sat back down and pouted, disappointed that he won't be able to make it up for making three spelling mistakes, which caused their group to lose 3 points. Honestly, he didn't know what happened. All he knows is that he was watching Marinette from afar, and the next thing he knew, he committed a spelling mistake three times in a row! Once Miss Mendeleiev dictated the question, he flashed Marinette a grateful smile, to which she returned, which greatly angered the teen model. 

Once Nathaniel was a good distance away from them, Adrien muttered under his breath, "He's going to misspell that, just you wait."

In an instant, Marinette's heel made contact with his foot, making Adrien jump in his seat and rub his foot. This girl was far more stronger than him, he realized. The fashion designer frowned as she glanced at him out of the corner of her eye, saying, "That wasn't very nice of you, Adrien."

The blonde merely stared out of the window as he crossed his arms over his chest, like a child would. "What? I was just stating the truth." he defended himself. Marinette scoffed at him as she crossed her arms over her chest and faced the opposite direction, "Says the one who misspelled 'anions'."

Adrien huffed. "That was one time, Marinette! I got distracted by the timer!"

Honestly, the only reason he got that wrong was due to the fact that Nathaniel was practically stealing Marinette from him. Well, at least that's what he thinks. Come on, she's all happy-go-lucky with his 'rival' but hot-headed when with him! That's got to be something, right?

Meanwhile, behind them, Alya and Nino were whispering amongst themselves while Chloe was away, answering on the blackboard. The two witnessed everything right before their eyes, from the start to now. They've shared what they have observed to each other, from Adrien's odd behavior to Marinette's feeling of closeness to the blonde, which was so unnatural that Alya and Nino thought that they were in a different world. I mean, the girl's usually a complete stuttering mess in front of the model! How on earth could this happen?