Jacks dreams

Abusive and sad parts ahead. Read at your own will!
_________________________________________
Marks POV
What happened with Jack yesterday was strange. One minute everything seemed fine. The next he was crying. Something has to be very serious. I know it.

Time skip

For breakfast I fixed pancakes and bacon.
"You want some coffee Jack?" His head shot up.
"Of course! Coffee is love. Coffee is life!" I giggled at his silly reference.
"How much sugar?"
"None." He replied
"Creamer?"
"Nope."
"You drink your coffee without anything else in it?" I asked my mouth agape. He nodded his head and took the coffee from my hand and finished it all in one drink.
"You really like coffee, don't you." I asked in an amused tone. I don't know why, but he slightly blushed and nodded.

Jacks POV
Mark seemed surprised I liked my coffee with nothing in it, but most people are. We finished our breakfast in silence.
"Thanks for the food Mark. You're and awesome cook." I said. I got up and grabbed our now empty plates and put them in the sink.
"What do you want to do today?" I asked. He looked at me seriously.
"Jack, do you mind if I ask about your dream last night? It really seemed to have you spooked." I froze. I had managed to get the images out of my head. Now their back. What Mark doesn't know is that they weren't just dreams. They actually happened. Maybe it would help if I told someone. I took a deep breath and started.
_____________________________________
This is where the abusive and sad stuff starts. Skip it if you want but I would recommend you read it. It is important to the story!
_________________________________________
"When I was eight, my parents were in a very bad state.......m...money wise. " my voice was shaky "They started to fight. The day before I turned nine I heard a loud thump against the wall. I ran to my parents room to see what was happening. My ma was lying on the floor." I stopped to calm myself before continuing. "Her head has a small cut. I looked to my dad who was wide eyed. He was staring at his own fist like he didn't know what he had just done. From then on dad felt as if he was superior. He constantly beat my mom. He whipped me when I tried to intervene. One day. When I was fifteen. My dad got drunk and mom had spilled something on the floor. He lost it. He went totally ballistic. The last things I heard from my ma was her telling me to r....r....run. And her screams. Those screams still haunt my dreams every single night. I could've stopped those screams. I just wish I wouldn't have been such a coward. If only I had tried to....." My voice finally caught in my throat. I couldn't speak around the lump that was forming. I looked up at Mark with tear filled eyes. He also looked as if he was going to cry. He pulled me into a tight hug. I hugged him back. I couldn't hold the sobs back anymore. It sounded like he was quietly crying as well. We cried for what felt like hours. We cried with each other until we couldn't cry anymore and we fell asleep on marks couch.
_____________________________________
So, there was a confession. Sad I know. :'( There has to be bad times so there can be good ones though. : )