Hopes and dreams

Marks POV
Jack and I walked toward the coffee shop. It was pretty warm out. It felt good to just be outside for a walk for once. Jack was smiling happily beside me. "What's got you so happy?" I asked him. He stopped walking and looked at me smiling brightly.
"My birthday is tomorrow. It's the one day of the year I love to actually treat myself." He replied with a giggle.
"And what do you do every year to treat yourself?"
"I get a cake, and I buy myself a new T-shirt of any band." He said absolutely giddy.
"And that's the only thing that has you so happy?" I asked genuinely confused.
"Of course not. This will be one of my first birthdays I get to share with a friend!" He said and we started waking again. We walked in silence until we go to the shop. We took the same booth we did last time. The waitress came to take our order and we sat drinking our coffee and talking about the random shit that lives in our heads.

Time skip

It was jacks birthday today, and I decided i wanted to do something special for him. (No Emily it is not weird to want to do something for a person you just met. Lol) I decided I wanted to get him one of those weird cookie cake things. He loves cookies and cakes so why not? So I called the place down the street that I heard made some of the best cookie cakes ever. He ought to love that. It was still early, so I jumped in the shower before Jack could wake up.

Time skip

I was about to walk out the door to go get the cake when Jack finally woke up.
"Where you goin' Mark?" He asked. His Irish accent a little bit thicker because he was still half asleep.
"Just going for a walk. Be back in like fifteen minutes." I lied trying to keep the surprise a surprise. I bolted out the door before he had the time to say anything else. I hopped into my car and was off to get the cake.
I finally made it to the shop. I could smell all the delicious cakes. It was awesome. I went to the lady behind the desk and asked for the cake I had ordered earlier. She retreated to the back room where I guess the cake was stored.
Soon she came back out with a giant cookie with the word 'happy birthday Jack' written on it. I thanked her and handed her the money before heading back to the apartment.

Time skip

Jacks POV
It was weird how abruptly Mark had left, but I was so tired I didn't question it for long. He would be back eventually.
Soon enough he was back. He carried a large circular thing in his hands.
"Happy birthday Jack!" He screamed. I laughed as he showed me a cake that looked just like a cookie.
"Hope you like cookie cake!" He said.
"Wait. Is this actually a cookie with cake icing on top of it?" I asked as he nodded his head. "This is the best cake I have seen in my life!" I shouted officially excited to dig in.
Later that day we went to the park and what he'd all the kids run around. He then took me to the mall and let me pick out a few T-shirts and bought them for me. Then we finally made our way back to marks dorm. I didn't know why, but every time I was around Mark my heart sped up. I had never really had presents on my birthday. I was amazed by how kind Mark was.
"Thank you Mark. You will never understand how much I appreciate this." I said leaning my head on his shoulder. He chuckled softly.
"You're welcome Jack." He stated quietly. Soon enough I fell asleep on his shoulder.
_____________________________________
I don't really have much to say about this chapter other than I hope you enjoyed it. BYE!!!