5

3 Months Later

Zahara

During the car ride, I stayed completely quiet and nervous. I couldn't believe I was actually going to face my family, like forreal. The worst part is that they are going to meet Noah and they are going to be so judgemental about him based on his appearance. I don't want Noah upset though, I already made him nervous yesterday just from talking about it.

When we pulled up, mom and Noah got out the car. "Brace yourselves." My mother warned before going knocking on grammy and Pap's door. Before she could knock on the door, it was opened by Aunt Janine.

"Hey Jennette!" She said excitedly, towards my mom. She smiled and hugged Aunty and went inside. Aunt Janine gave me a smile then looked over at Noah and smiled wider! (I'd never think she'll be happy to see my baby dad.) "Hey baby, who's this handsome young man?" She asked. I looked over at Noah smiling and pointed at him.

"Aunty, this is my beloved boyfriend Noah." I smiled proudly at the fact that it was like I was showing him to the world. She nodded and held her hand out towards Noah.

"Hi handsome! I'm Aunty Janine, its nice to meet you."

Noah smiled in return and chuckled a little as they shook hands. "It's nice to meet you too ma'am."

Aunty laughed a little and finally welcomed us in. Noah walked next to me until I was pulled to the side. "Dear, that boy you got in your hands is a blessing. I saw him get out the car and opened the door for you and he looks good himself? I'm proud that you have someone by your side. "

I blushed a little, "Me too." Soon, we were out into the living room where everyone could see my belly and... Noah. Grandpa Huey laughed until he saw Noah and once he stopped laughing, everyone else stopped too. Everyone's eyes were now on us. I smiled a little to brighten things but no one tried to cooperate with me here. They just stared at us as if we were strangers. I looked over at Grandma Isa and she smiled at us.

Grandma gave everyone else the death glare, "Y'all gonna say somethin' to my pregnant grandbaby and her man or just look at em' ?" She said sounding irritated. Noah and I chuckled a little. Grandma is so cute and sweet, she said Noah is MY man.

Uncle Jackson smiled and was the first to come over to us, before he hugged me, his eyes were focused on my belly. "You're growing up so fast Zahara. I can't believe you having a child already!" He said trying to sound nice, knowing he's really disappointed about it. I shook it off and gave him a sweet ole hug anyway and introduced him to Noah.

Once he met his eyes with Noah, he seemed irritable like damn, Noah didn't even do anything to y'all! Being respectful would be nice.

"Hello sir." Noah kindly smiled. Uncle Jackson shook his hand and laughed a little.

"You don't have to call me Sir. Just call me Uncle Jack for short okay Noah?" He said. Noah smiled.

After that, I introduced Noah to everyone else and we were finally at peace. The only person who would have a problem with Noah is my Dad. Luckily, my Dad isn't here with us. He's with his current wife and kids not even worrying about me and how I'm doing. He's really a rude father to me and he's really an asshole if you ask me.

Everyone was in the living room chillin, just watching the game until Grandpa Huey started asking questions. "How long have you guys been together?"

"For about four months." I answered confidently. Scoffs started fill the room. Grandpa started to look angry.

"Four months huh? So you telling me, you guys got together right after you found out you were pregnant?" Uncle Julian asked.