15

A YEAR LATER!!

Malak

I sighed, running my fingers through my wet curls thinking hard about a girl. She's just an original girl, no one could ever be her but her. She's so perfect from head to toe but yet she was treated badly. Why would anyone would treat Zahara so wrong? What did she ever do to Noah? Nothing. Completely nothing. I still can't believe he done this to her... It's just messed up.

Ever since the break up, I've been there for her ever since. She needs to heal and she needs someone by her side through everything so that's exactly what I'm still going to do. I'll even be a father figure towards Alana if I have to. Whatever it takes, to make her happy again..

I walked through the store and found some nice fresh rose sitting there. I stood there and smiled to myself just thinking of Zahara's reaction to these beautiful flowers that resemble her beauty....

I grabbed them and walked into the line. After I paid for it, I rushed to her house. I couldn't wait to give it to her. I couldn't even wait to see her smile! As soon as I pulled up, she was playing around with Alana out in the front yard. I grabbed the flowers and hid them behind my back as I walked towards her.

Zahara stopped what she was doing and had her hands on her hips. "What do you have behind your back?" She asked, being the curious girl she's always been. I grinned and looked down, kicking the little pebbles around acting like I'm shy.

"I have something for you that you always remind me of. You're so beautiful Zahara, these things remind me of you."

With that, I pulled the roses behind my back and watched her reaction. Her whole face became a little flushed with red. From that point, she was blushing. She grabbed them and hugged me so tight, making me feel like I'm the best man in the world.

"Thank you Malak!" She said excitedly. I blushed a little and shrugged it off.

"You're welcome!"

Suddenly, things between us ended once Alana started to whine. She stood there where her mother was and raised her arms up, wanting to be picked up. Zahara picked her up and walked toward the house. I quickly rushed to the door and opened it for her, being the gentleman I've always been.

I closed the door and sat on the sofa with the two and watched a couple movies with them. During the first rodeo, Alana fell asleep and that's when the movie watching ended. While Zahara turned off the movie, I took Lana to her room and put her peacefully in bed.

For some reason, I took the time to just watch Lana sleep. I don't know why, but she sleeps so peaceful, I don't know how she does it. A minute flew by and I felt Zahara's presence behind me. I felt her arms travel from the outside of my shirt to under it. Once she wrapped her arms around my waist, I felt her hug me from the back.

"Thank you for helping me out." She whispered. I felt myself smiling.

"No, thank you." I could tell she was just cheesing by how fast her cheek was pressed against my back.

Her arms unraveled from my waist but it simply wasn't long before I was pulled out the room. The next thing I know, I was pulled into her room. I don't know where this was leading to but I shut the door, just in case things want to go far.