14

Zahara

As soon as I came home, I was told to take a shower and get comfortable. There was no 'Hey baby' or 'Hey Baby Cakes' or none of that. No kisses. No hugs. No nothing like what a great way to be welcomed home.

I was thinking about asking what his problem was but something told me to just keep my mouth closed. After all, sometimes I nag him when he gets like this but I guess silence is the best thing for him right now. After I showered and got comfortable, I went downstairs and found Noah laying down, looking dazed out at the ceiling.

He looked over at me for a few seconds before looking back at the ceiling. "Babe, come here." He said, which his words sent shivers up and down my spine. He sat up, which I felt him sit me on his lap. "Why did you have to treat me like that?" I mumbled, circling my finger upon his chest. He looked down at me and sighed.

"Babe, I'm sorry. We already discussed this and I promise, I won't break your heart again. Your heart isn't worth being broken, because you're a good person." Noah kissed my forehead and I looked up at him. "You think so?" I smiled.

"Yeah. I know so, Zahara." He wrapped his arms around me and landed his head on the crook of my neck. "You smell good." He said, and made a sniffing noise. "Is that lavender I smell?" He chuckled, making me smile.

"No, it's just Dove soap." I shrugged and he laughed. "I love you, Zahara." My eyes widened at what he had said. He said he loved me. He actually loves me. "I love you, too." I said, kissing his neck. I think this love of ours is gonna last.

I hope.

Next Morning/Noah POV

I woke up with Zahara in my arms, just like the usual. Its like a habit now that I got used to it. The best part is just being with the one you love most. I love Zahara.. But I have a few downfalls.

I closed my eyes and was ready to go back to sleep. It was too early to be up anyway. As I was in my sleepy trance, I was woken up when I felt a light tug from the end of the bed. I sat up to see Alana standing there with her pacifier in her mouth. I groaned to myself.

Why does she have to be up so early?

Since I am still feeling tired, I'm going to try to put her back to sleep the best way I can. "Alana, come here."

Alana wobbled her way to me, holding her arms up. I picked her up and wrapped my arms, cuddling her. Without a doubt, she was starting to dose off and she was only in my arms for a matter of minutes.

I guess she wanted to sleep with us and it wasn't long before I fell asleep too.

At ten o'clock in the morning, somebody just had to knock on my door. "Dammit." I mumbled. I honestly don't feel like getting up though. I elbowed Zahara, hoping she'll wake up.

The Queen of house finally wakes up.

"What is it?" She said groggily as she pulled the covers over her head.

"Please go get the door." I begged, hoping she'll do it. Within thirty seconds, this fool went back to sleep. I sucked my teeth and hit her butt. Not too hard but not to soft either. I carefully got up and put Alana back in the bed.

Well here goes nothing.

I hurried down the stairs and looked through the peephole before answering the door. Once I looked through it, I realized it was Melanie. I sighed to myself.