Chapter 8

I used to find poetry in everything. There was poetry in the trees, the roots, the leaves. There was poetry in the air whenever someone I loved was near. There was poetry in dying young as well as growing old. There was a poetry in being sent to war. There was a poetry in never seeing my family again. Once upon a time I would've claimed there was a poetry in Twist being the sister of my husband and her finding him to be still alive after all these years on Christmas Day. I'm not bloody stupid though. It was a sick irony and she hadn't stopped cringing since she saw him. At first I thought she'd hate me too but she was clinging to me like morning dew on a petal.

She refused to talk to him. It shook her up so much that all she could taste was venom and if she spoke she'd spit it out. I knew what that felt like all too well.

"This is the elevator down to the main room" Henry explained as he gestured us all inside.

Henry had been as impressed as Twist expected and invited us both into his collective. The stance between Harry and Twist was apparently non-existent to him; that or he was too naive or he was simply ignoring it because he happily announced Harry would be joining us too. He was 'proud to accept Harry's offer of returning to his legacy'. Harry may have started One Direction but he sure as hell had nothing to do with The Moths. When Henry said what he said I wanted to punch his face in. How come I had to do four life-threatening tests and all Harry had to do was rock up? I was infuriated. Without me, Henry would still be a weakling working under a pedophiliac priest and yet I'm the one pushed to my limits. I could taste the venom that Twist could.

So Twist and I bunched together for the tour and Harry was left folding his arms, rolling his eyes and scoffing at our infuriation towards him.

The elevator opened and I had never seen anything more incredible. It was so high-tech, gadgety, tron and yet it touched on nature too. My favourite part was the curved window that stretched across the whole length of the room.  All I could see was the pristine sand, the vibrant seaweed, the schools of fish swimming by as well as some other interesting fishy characters. The window gave the rest of the room a bluey glow especially since no lights were on. Everyone working was working under the light of the afternoon ocean.

There were so many people. I had never seen so many Moths in my lifetime but Henry and Szilvia were acting as if it was the most natural thing in the world. In fact they clambered out of the elevator and started interacting with them. Some were flying by with documents, others bound to their computers, some turning dials against the wall, others on their phones chatting so loud and yet I couldn't distinguish what was said. People were rushing in and out of the room through sensory metal doors and I got a glimpse of what was behind them occasionally but all I could find was a brighter blue.

Harry, Twist and I stood awkwardly in front of it all. We were waiting for orders but we had lost Henry and Szilvia. With so many people even looking for her insanely red afro was of no use. We got orders from someone else.

"Oi, you three. What are you standing around for?"

Tall, lanky, tanned, tangly hair, blue eyes; she looked like if Harry and I could produce a biological child.  She wasn't alone either. There was a man accompanying her but he looked quite the opposite. If I didn't know better I'd say he was Lebanese like Dallas was. I think he was there the night I ran into Henry.

"We're here with Atlas"

"Yeah, we all are" She chortled, giving her friend a is-this-guy-for-real- look, "Get back to work"

"Do you know who I am?" I growled, quite sick of their superior act.

They stood there, still chortling but I couldn't have been bothered continuing my argument. I looked over to Harry who was trying to stop himself from laughing which only made me angrier.