Chapter 14

"You could learn a lot from me"

"Like what?"

"That you're..."

"I'm not..."

"Prove it"

"How?"

"Kiss me"

I had snuck back around to the North Portico and keyed in the pin, cautiously looking over my shoulder before and after. There were still sirens whining about the crimes of treason like it was meant to help. I crept inside and tried not to look suspicious. I avoided looking into the cameras, assuming someone would be there by now and removing the tape and trying to put a cover-up on air about the whole messy situation. It made me think they probably didn't have time to look at the security cameras anyway.

I reached the hall and turned to the southeast this time. I was sweating again and I could barely walk in a straight line. I was so anxious. I was performing a rescue operation with as much chance as a fucking peanut. I was a Bagman though. Even when I wasn't, I would always be a Bagman. It'd been written in all my genetic coding. It was all I was ever going to be to anyone. I had been through worse as a Bagman. I had survived worse. I would pull through,  if not for my Bagman blood but for the sheer will of rescuing the only man who ever rescued me.

"I'd be okay with this if-"

"You weren't completely, utterly and entirely jealous? The only person it's hurting is you because you have some crazed fantasy running through your mind that I'm just a broken boy you can restore with your dumb acts of affection and stupid temptations and knitting techniques. I'm not with Liam nor do I have a crush on him, okay?! That's ridiculous. We're just friends.  What you saw in my bedroom was just best friends fooling around. Yeah maybe he did get a little close and maybe it was a little rough and maybe even semi-erotic but I don't want that with Liam. Fuck, I was thinking about you when he was pinning me down to the bed and how much I wanted it to be your hands and your body weight and your breath on my face. God, I can't stop picturing it which is crazy because I've only known you for three months and you're the man who killed Daddy and I can't handle this. I can't handle you... I can't even handle myself"

The paintings all looked the same. All the rooms looked the same. All the door frames, all the carpets, all the windows, everything was the same. I was starting to wonder if it was a hallucination brought on by my own fear which was blurring all the features together or that this place was so repetitive it was actually a war tactic. I had no time to mull it over before I heard a voice shout out from far away. It was faint but recognisable and he was calling my name.

"I have a bone to pick with you"

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. What was that stunt you pulled this morning while I was talking to Liam?"

"You can spank me if you want"

"I just might"

"Mmhmm"

I waited until it sounded out again and I got a better idea as to where I could locate him. I started running. I didn't even remember how but I did. I ran to the end of the hallway, unsure where I was or what direction I was heading only that it was into the dark. There were no windows, no lights in these neck of the woods. It seemed only fitting and it made the perfect couple with my fear. Yet my fear was overtaken by desperation as I flung open a door which presented an even darker room.

I heard my name again, though. It was definitely Harry. So I stepped inside.

"I can't do that with you in the car. I won't even think to take that risk. I would rather live a thousand hells than to see you die. So if you're coming to this Game or any other Game in the future, you have to promise me you won't die. You're not even allowed to get hurt. Okay? You can't die. You're not allowed to die, Louis Tomlinson. There's no way I'd let anything happen to you especially not on my own accord. You have to keep breathing. You have to-"