Chapter 17

I woke up to the five year anniversary of Liam Payne's death. I wouldn't have even remembered it had Harry not reminded me of our wedding anniversary the day before and the horrible thing was it was always the day after. It had been that way for five years now.

Harry kissed my warm neck. I had been laying awake for an hour or so now. I hadn't moved as I worried I would wake him and he'd stop holding me. Yet now, naturally awoken, he still had his arm secured around my body and his lips tickling my skin. It felt safe to close my eyes again.

"Are you going to be okay today?"

"No"

I hoped he was just asking to be polite. I mean it was five years since my best friend had been executed and last night my husband told me he wished I left him for dead but surely I was okay. I rolled my eyes but did not let go of his hand on my chest.

"How long do you want to stay like this?"

"Until the day is over"

"Okay"

I guess he wasn't worried about any plans Henry has for us, especially those involving a certain kidnapped President. Instead he continued laying there, holding me gently and kissing my neck every now and then.

Half asleep, I played with his fingers and time was just rolling by. It didn't matter. I kissed his knuckles and he shuffled in closer. It must've been an hour now since either of us had spoken. It didn't matter.

After a while Harry reached over my body to the bedside table for a pen. I rolled over to face him so he would see the confusion on my face but he went about his business anyway. He popped the cap and took my tattooed arm and started drawing around it. I closed my eyes and embraced the tickle of the ink, giggling every now and then when my skin was too sensitive for it.

He tried to draw his rose over my dagger but it was poorly done and it made us both laugh. He compared it to the professional one tattooed on his own arm and it made it look even worse. It resulted in a small play pillow fight and then a kiss upon the dagger and pen-rose from his soft lips. Our eyes connected for a split second and I thought he'd kiss my lips but that was before an alarm went off.

We didn't jolt or panic or anything. Just frowned at each-other. I couldn't tell if he was agitated by the random, screeching siren or that he missed his chance to kiss me. I slowly slid out of bed and wrapped my dressing gown around me. I stared at him for a while until he got the hint to accompany me outside the room.

In the hallway the deafening noise was still irritating the space but louder now. We ran into Twist.

"What's going on?"

I tried to ask but the alarm droned me out. She made an assumption at what I was asking and shrugged. She didn't seem to question Harry and I's relationship either which was for the best because I wouldn't have had an answer. We all huddled together and started making our way down to the main room. Harry and I remained close together.

Dressing gowns aren't the best attire to be meeting a whole crowd of Moths in the main room but my choice of apparel represented how spontaneous this alarm was. Everywhere I looked most people seemed confused about the emergency get-together. I didn't even bother asking anyone.

I started looking around for other familiar faces; Szilvia, Sofia, Tobias, anyone that I could group with. Yet I failed to recognise anyone and that made me linger closer to Harry.

"Fellow Moths"

Henry decadently appeared above the rest. He had stacked some boxes onto a desk and was standing on the leering result of it. It wasn't dangerously high up but there was no way nobody couldn't see him. Everyone fell silent and stared.