Chapter 5 : "He totally digs you!"

• Dedicated to accident prone teenagers. xD

Aaaaaaand this is Chapter five! I'm trying to make it as humourous as possible, 'cause I know it's pretty amazing to have laughing fits between reading. xD Important A/N at the end!

It's been about 5 minutes since school got over, and I'm waiting outside the detention hall. Lindsay left a while ago, because she needed to pick her little sister up. I didn't want to enter it on my own, because of attention reasons.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who has been issued a detention. And that's why, I'm waiting for Matt. I know right, I never thought I would be dependent on someone, and that someone being Matt, the hotshot.

"Waiting for me mademoiselle?" A deep, husky voice said. I turned around to see Matt grinning from ear to ear at me. Why is he so happy about detention? He's turning out to be more bizarre than me.

"I'm not happy about detention, I'm just in a good mood. My first day at school didn't turn out to be bad at all. And I'm not used to getting so much attention. So, it was different, for a change. And you, ma'am, need to learn how to keep your thoughts to yourself. Who knows, someday your secrets spill out." He smirked.

Not used to getting attention? He looks like a model, he's bound to get attention. So oblivious, I tell you. And yes, I really need to control my words, it would be really creepy if he gets to know what I'm thinking. I was about to reply when he flicked my nose and said in the most angelic voice ever.

"You think too much, moustache girl." He laughed and walked into the hall. I shake my head to come out of the daze and then walk in the class. Whole point of waiting for him was in vain. I sigh and walk in class, and immediately everybody looks up. There are about 10 people in the class, and everybody is either doing something or nothing.

I spot Matt and go and sit beside him. He's talking to another guy and I'm sitting there awkwardly, thinking of what to do. You know that moment when you're walking with your friend, and he stops to talk to another friend? And how out of place you feel? Exactly my state. I shuffle my feet uncomfortably and trying to overhear their conversation.

"....so what sports do you play man?" The guy, who's name is George I think, asked.

"Basketball, soccer, swimming and football, that's it." Matt replied without any interest.

Holy crackers. That's it?

Those four sports are the main sports played here, and all he says is 'that's it'?! How can he be so causal about it? Sporty, check. My mental checklist on him is constantly being 'checked'.

Without even talking to him, I knew he would be perfect in the jock category. And after getting to know his skills and cocky attitude, he'll be worshipped there. Then why, is he hanging out with plain ol' me? Maybe I'm just too cool.

Yeah, that's it.

Back to eavesdropping now.

"Dude, do you know that chick, I mean why is she just sitting like that?" The-guy-who's-name-I-think-is-George-asks. I look around the class and see almost everyone doing their own work. Who is this guy talking about. I turn back to look at that guy and see him staring right at me. And he's not just staring, he's giving me that creepy joker smile.

Oh wait, he's talking about me.

Way to be subtle about it.

I can feel heat crawling up my cheeks and I see his creepy smile growing. And then suddenly, his grin drops. And he looks at me, and blinks. And then he explodes. He's laughing so hard, that tears start falling from his eyes and he's clutching his stomach. He holds onto the seat from falling down, but he starts laughing harder. What is he laughing about? Is there something on my face? I reach up to touch my face and turn to Matt.