Chapter 23 : I sound like some mushy Romeo. (Matt's P.O.V)

• Dedicated to my mum and dad. <3

Chapter 23 : I sound like some mushy Romeo.

Matt's P.O.V

Well this just bloody sucks. 

Not only have I probably hurt/pissed off Abby, but I've just basically confessed my hopeless crush on her to everyone by showing my jealousy. But then again, Abby is as oblivious as. . .

Nah, I got nothin'.

Bottom line is I had absolutely no control over my annoyance. I should have not shouted at her. Liam is her friend. She has every right to go talk to her friends.

And Liam is actually a good guy, I have no dirt against him. He's polite to Abby, treats her well, hasn't ever tried anything with her, and he even tutored her for Christ's sake! 

He makes me look like the bad guy.

Bummer. 

That's it. I'm going to have to bring out the big guns. I'm gonna have to win her heart. Well, not heart exactly, I'll just have to attract her attention, and I know precisely how to do it.

I sound like some mushy Romeo. 

Oh well. 

~

"Hey ma-a" I sing song in a sickly sweet voice.

"Yeah, hun?" She asks, looking up from her bowl of spaghetti. 

"I'm going to nearest bar, I haven't had a drink in a while, alright? See ya!"

One thing you might want to know about my mum is that she absolutely hates drinking. She doesn't even let dad drink, at least not in front of her. I hardly drink too. 'Cause she loathes it. The smell, the colour, and especially the after effects. Don't ask me, I don't know the reason for her grudge. And knowing her so well, I knew this would automatically relate to my friends. I jiggle my car keys and slowly walk towards the front door, waiting for her to call me. 

5

4

3

2

"Matt, honey, wait." She says, coming out of the kitchen. I try to conceal the grin taking over my face on my accomplishment and look at her with wide, innocent eyes.

"Yeah, mum?" I ask.

"Matt, uh, why don't you call your friends over, hm? I want to meet your friend, Reece. And certainly Abby too." She says, wiping her hands on her apron. 

I mentally fist bump. Exactly what I wanted, the perfect excuse. 

Oh, mum. 

"Huh, um, yeah sure. So-o, when do you want them over?" I ask.

"Um, how about today evening? I'm making spaghetti and meatballs too. Yeah, perfect." She says, nodding at me.

"But what about Margo, she's going to be a pain in the butt ma." I say, feigning annoyance. 

"No, hun. She's having a sleepover at her friend's place." My mom says, soothingly. 

"Alright, I'll go call them." I say, striding upstairs towards my room. While climbing the stairs, I hear her exhale a relieved sigh. I shake my head and dial Reece's number. 

"Hey man, what's up?" I hear him say.

"Hey dude, are you busy tonight?"

"Nope, I'm actually bored as hell." He says, sighing.

"Well then, come over. I'll call Lindsay and Abby too." I say.

"Really? Lindsay too? I'll be there in a few." He says in an abnormally girly voice. Without saying anything else, he hangs up. Someone's excited.

You, obviously.

What? No! Pssh.

Really, now?

Dangnabbit, I meant Reece!

Chill out, dude. 

I rub my temples hoping to put an end to these weird as shit thoughts. Who talks to themselves? This girl is driving me crazy. I pick up my phone and quickly dial Lindsay's number.

"Hello!" She says, chirpily.

"Hi, it's Matt."

"Oh, I'm Lindsay, not Abby. You must have dialled the wrong number, hun." She says, teasingly.

"Ha-ha. Now listen, can you come over today? At 4:00?"

"Um, sure. But why?"

"I don't know, to chill?" I say, face palming. 

"Oh yeah of course. I'll be there. Oh and um, is Reece coming?" She asks, hesitantly.

"Yeah, he is."

"Okay, I'll be there in half an hour. Bye!"

"Bye."

I hang up and finally dial Abby's number, crossing my fingers.

"Hello?" I hear her sweet voice at the other end.

"Hey, um it's Matt." Why the hell am I getting nervous? Get a grip, Adams!

"Oh, hey." She says, surprised. 

"Can you come over today around 4:00? Reece and Lindsay are coming too." I quickly add. 

"Um sure, but why?" God damn it, do girls need a reason for everything?

"To hang out? And plus, my mom wants to meet you guys too." I say, rubbing hands down my face.

"Okay, sure. I'll be there." She says, finally. 

"Okay, bye." I say, and hang up.

Oh thank god! Finally, some excuse. I really need to charm her today. Then maybe, when I confirm that she reciprocates the feelings, I can ask her out to the Prom. 

Man, you are so whipped.

A/N : Haha hey guys, this was just sort of a teaser for the upcoming chapters. And I sincerely apologize if Matt's POVs come out slightly girly. Don't blame me, they're tough to write. :P

Alright, please point out any mistakes and feel free to leave suggestions. <3

Also, sorry again for a short chapter. :/

Yours truly,

Suks. X

Matt Lanter makes me drool, I'm not kidding. *_*