Chapter 7 : Who said girls couldn't snort?

• Dedicated to Akshara. <3

Hi poeple! You know what's cool? I'm writing this chapter from my school's computer. xD Anyways, here's the next chapterrrr :D

Chapter 7 : Who said girls couldn't snort?

Abby's P.O.V

Stupid, stupid, stupid Lindsay. Stupid Lindsay trying to play matchmaker.

Now because of her, I'm going to the reception with Matt. Sure, it's going to be fun and exciting, but he must be thinking I'm weirder than usual. Ah, who cares? My main problem right now is what to wear for the reception, which is today at noon.

Matt had texted me the details, and don't ask me how he got my number because I have no clue myself. He would pick me up around 12:00 and I was nervous as hell. Now, back to the problem. I have absolutely no sense in fashion whatsoever, but Lindsay does. She's coming over in a while to get me all dressed up. Just then Lindsay barges into the room.

Speak of the devil, and the devil arrives.

"Nobody fear, when Lindsay's here!"

She enters with the popular Superman pose wearing hideous glasses. I burst out laughing, clutching my stomach.

All my nervousness vanishes away, you can always depend on Lindsay to save the day.

Such a nice friend.

When we both calm down, she enters my walk-in closet. She's humming to her favourite song 'Counting Stars' by One Republic.

Man, that song is something. But too bad, I'm still addicted to 'Years'.

Lindsay is shuffling through my wardrobe of dresses. Yes, I have a closet in my closet. And that is especially made for dresses.

Moms. 

Most of the dresses are fancy and I wear them when my family is invited to these formal dinners. But for the reception, I don't want to go over the top.

After what seemed like hours, Lindsay finally comes down to three final choices. She holds up the first dress. It's purple with way to many ruffles towards the bottom and has a puffed up upper half. She pairs them cute purple wedges and along black locket. The dress reaches my mid thigh and is sleeveless with a thick blue band in the middle. 

"Linds, that dress is gorgeous. But I think even you know that, that is certainly not my style. And plus, it's too revealing." I say, eyeing the purple dress.

She nods in agreement and holds up the second dress. It's a dark blue strapless dress. It is short in the front and is long from the back. It looked very classy. Lindsay paired it up with a silver heart locket and high heels. It looked beautiful. But I think it is a bit overdone for this occasion. 

"I think it's a bit too much. Sure, it's pretty, but I think it would be better if I wore that for a wedding." I say. She rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, you wouldn't want everyone's eyes on you, now would you? It would be totally unfair if everybody was looking at you instead of the bride." She winks and holds up the third dress and it's like love at first sight. I'm not kidding.

The dress was absolutely stunning and it would look perfect on me. It is in baby pink colour and reaches just below my mid thigh. It is covered in lace and has a thin brown belt in the mid section. It is not too fancy and nor is it too simple. 

"Perfect." I grin and Lindsay and she starts squealing joy. 

"Finally, the princess has chosen. And it is not a bad choice either, Abby." She rushes over to pick out the accessories. After a nice long shower, I wrap my hair in a towel. I look at the time, 11:00. Lindsay has exactly an hour to get me all 'prettied' up. She gathers her make-up box and sits down in front of me. 

"Can't we sit in front of the mirror?" I whine. I have to make sure that she doesn't do too much make up. 

"No, Abby. Trust me on this, and I won't overdo it. Just relax. But don't you dare wash it off." She gives me a serious glare and gets to work. I sighed.

Last time we dressed up for a party and Linds did my make up for an hour, I thought it was too much and washed my face. I did get yelled at, but her expression was priceless. While I was reminiscencing good times, Lindsay is all done with my make up. I slip into the dress and then she starts giving slight curls to the ends of my hair. By the time she's done, I swear I almost had fallen asleep. 

"Wake up, you idiot! You're probably the only one who falls asleep while getting ready for a date!" My friend shouts. I groan and walk up towards the mirror.

When I look at the mirror, I can easily make out it's me. You know how in those cliché books the girl is dressed up by her bestfriend and then she looks into the mirror and doesn't recognize herself? Here, it's the opposite. It is me. And I can say that I look pretty awesome. I turn towards Lindsay and give her a bone crushing hug.

"Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!" I squeal with a huge grin on my face.

"Oh, nevermind you. It was nothing." Lindsay says in a fake British accent. I grin and wear my heels. Just then the doorbell rings, and the anxiety is back again. Lindsay rushes down the stairs and opens the door.

I can hear them talking and I nervously walk down the stairs making sure not to trip in the heels. When I reach down I see Matt wearing a tuxedo and he looks ravishing. Ahhhhh, so cute. I smile and stand beside Lindsay.

Matt looks me up and down and I can't help but blush. He gives me a heartwarming smile. He formally takes my hand and I feel sparks. Ha, no I don't. That happens only in movies. Lindsay winks at me and we walk towards his car.

"Lindsay seems, uh, happy." He says with a slight smile.

Oh crap, what did Lindsay say to him? She must have completely embarrassed him. "Uh, nevermind her. She gets overexcited for the most trivial things." He nods and opens the door for the passenger seat for me. What a gentleman. When we're all strapped up, he starts driving.

"Okay, so first, thankyou for coming. And second, uh, my family is sort of weird, so please don't get creeped out and run away." He says with an embarrased smile. 

"Hah, that's alright. I'm pretty weird myself. And I guess you have figured that out by now." I say with slight blush rising up my cheeks. I snort thinking about how weird it would be to meet his family.

"Did you just...snort?" He asks while biting his lip to contain his laughter. I turn bright red and then slowly nod. He starts laughing, his cute, yet deep laugh.

"Sorry, it's a habit. I know it's not very lady-like so please don't give me a lecture about it, 'cause I seriously don't care." I say. I know I'm not very girlish, but I really don't care what people think. To hell with their stereotyped opinions. Who said girls couldn't snort?

"Are you kidding me, that was down right hilarious. It's good for a change to see that girls just don't care about how they look. We can now have a competition to see who snorts louder." He says teasingly. 

"I'll win, you stand no chance, Adams." I say in the most sassy way ever. I'm the sass masta. 

"You're on, Waters." He says.

And that's how the 'snorting' competition started between Adam and Waters.

And let me tell you, it was good to be able to snort freely and better yet, have a battle of it. 

A/N : That was Part I of 'The Reception' xD and the next chapter will be Part II, that's obvious. Did you find it funny? I certainly had a laugh writing it! xD

 That's what Abby wore to the reception :) ----->

 Listen to 'Counting Stars' by One Republic, it's one of my all time favourites. <3 -->