Chapter 8 : Best 'friendly date' ever. (Matt's P.O.V)

• Dedicated to to those who have been friendzoned. xP

Hola! My friends really liked the idea of doing Matt's P.O.V, so I thought I'll be doing his point of view more often. Don't worry, I won't compromise Abby's P.O.V ;)

Here's Part II of 'The Reception.' xD

Chapter 8 : Best 'friendly date' ever. 

Matt's P.O.V

When I reached Abby's, I was slightly nervous. What would she say when she meets my family? Will she get creeped out, or will just she blend in? I just hope my parents don't embarrass her. They tend to do that a lot. I fix my tux and then ring the bell. The door opens and I see Lindsay leaning on the door.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask causally.

"Hey to you too mister. Abby is just getting ready and she'll be down in a few. Until then why don't I roughly go through the things you're supposed to do on a date? Or do you know the key points already?" Lindsay says with a cheeky grin.

"It's just a friendly date, Lindsay. You know Abby knows that right? And just for the record, yes I do know the keypoints for a date." I sassily say. Just then I see Abby walking down the stairs, and she looks stunning. She's wearing a simple pink dress and it suits her perfectly. She's wearing heels, and being the klutz she is, she is bound to trip. She walks up to Lindsay and smiles at me. When she noticed me checking her out, she turns red. I should have been more subtle. I then formally take her hand and lead her to the car.

"Lindsay seems, uh, happy." I say, trying to hide the laugh that's going to escape my lips. Her brown doe eyes widen for a minute and then she nervously says, "Uh, nevermind her. She gets overexcited for the most trivial things." I nod, and then open the passenger door for her. When we're both buckled up safely I start the car. I think this is the perfect time to thank her for coming to this reception, and also I should warn her about my family. So that she gets a heads up.

"Okay, so first, thankyou for coming. And second, uh, my family is sort of weird, so please don't get creeped out and run away." I say with a sheepish smile. She starts laughing.

"Hah, that's alright. I'm pretty weird myself. And I guess you have figured that out by now." She says with a tiny blush on her cheeks. I'm about to reply when I hear someone snort. I'm pretty I did not snort and there is nobody other than both of us in the car.

"Did you just...snort?" I ask her, while desperately holding my booming laugh. She turns crimson and then slowly nods. That's when I lose it. I start laughing really hard. Thankgod we're stuck in traffic, or else it would be very difficult to drive while laughing so hard.

"Sorry, it's a habit. I know it's not very lady-like so please don't give me a lecture about it, 'cause I seriously don't care." She says while thinking about something deeply. Almost as if she was regretting snorting in front of me.

"Are you kidding me, that was down right hilarious. It's good for a change to see that girls just don't care about how they look. We can now have a competition to see who snorts louder." I say teasingly, trying to lighten the mood.

"I'll win, you stand no chance, Adams." She says in a confident, sassy way. I never knew this side of her. Who knew, self-proclaimed weirdo Abby has a sassy side? She's surprises me every time.

"You're on, Waters." I say in a challenging voice. She grins and that's how the competition started. With her leading in the beginning, which was completely shocking, but ofcourse, me winning in the end, we had the most idiotic drive to the reception ever.

~

When we reach the venue for the reception, people have already started arriving. I scan the place for my parents and Aunt Mary. I must say, she did a pretty good job setting up this place. The reception was held in a garden, and there were golden lights hanging everywhere. The chairs were white and placed together in circles.