Chapter 11 : Cue the butterflies in my tummy.

• Dedicated to those who have a close sibling <3

Yeah. I know I said I won't update anymore, but this is going to be the last one before hell starts. :3 Oh and I was thinking to stop these author's note in the beginning. :3 Keep reading!

Chapter 11 : Cue the butterflies in my tummy.

"Do you get it now?"

"Uh, would you be angry if I say no?"

He sighed. Here we are, Liam and me, struggling to make me understand Calculus. I bet Liam is beyond pissed by now, I mean we've been studying since the past hour with positively no improvement in my math skills. But he's really good at hiding it. He hasn't even shouted at me once, and I seriously appreciate it.

After school I bid goodbye to Lindsay and Matt and went back home with Liam on my side. For some reason, Matt didn't seem like himself. He was slightly dull and the sparkle in his blue eyes was not to be seen. I thought of asking about him, but I had to go home. Yeah, during these past days, Matt and I have become close. We're not completely buddy-buddy yet, but we know when the other person is sad. 

"Hello? Earth to Abby?" I snap out of my thoughts when I see Liam waving. 

"Huh, sorry. What were you saying?" I say apologetically.

"Look Abby, I'm not angry at you. I just want you to pay attention and not zone out okay? You're really smart and we can finish this chapter in a matter of 15 minutes, only if you pay attention."

Liam says, gently. I look at Liam, and for the first time I actually notice how good looking he is. He has high cheekbones, and his smile shows his striking pearly whites. And his eyes? Gosh, they're so gorgeous. They are sort of blue in the backdrop, have thin layer of green and tiny flecks of gray scattered throughout. Get what I'm talking out? Okay, he's not as hot as Matt, but he is still something. But because of his straight As, he's directly considered a nerd. How cruel.

"Okay. I'll pay attention, I promise." I say, with a smile.

He smiles back and starts explaining the chapter once again and I even pay attention. I do get distracted by his eyes a few times, but I quickly cope up. 

"Sooo, x is equal to 3?" I ask nervously, fingers crossed, hoping my answer is correct.

"Aaaaaaand, yes! Abby, you got it!" Liam says excitedly while clapping his hands. 

I inwardly scream. Oh my god, I did it! Calculus maybe tough, but nothing can ever bring down Abby Waters. So much confidence after solving just one sum. I grin back at him and without thinking engulf him in a hug. 

"Thank you so much Liam, I really owe you!" I say. I realize that I have my arms around him and quickly remove them and see he has a tiny tinge of pink on his cheeks. 

"Uh, um I'm sorry." I say, embarrassed. Damn, my emotions are too strong.

"No, it's alright. Okay, since we've covered today's studies, I guess I should get going." He says, while getting up. When he stands up his iPhone accidently slips from his hands and I bent down to pick it. I look at the phone and see Alex Pettyfer's picture as his lock screen. I stare at him. He's probably the first guy with a lock screen that does not have a revealing picture of a girl on his phone. His cheeks turn bright red and he immediately takes his phone back.

"So, you like Alex Pettyfer, huh?" I ask.

"Uh, yeah, he's um...h-he's a g-good actor." He says nervously, while scratching his neck. 

"Hey, it's alright if you like a guy celebrity, it makes no difference. Don't tell this to anyone by my celebrity crush is Megan Fox. She's gorgeous, don't you think?" I say, attempting to make him feel less uncomfortable.