Chapter 27 : Moms are overdramatic.

Chapter 27 : Geez, I'm not emo, guys. Spread the word, please.

Abby's P.O.V

"Are you sure you don't want to come Abby?" Lindsay asks, concerned. 

"Yeah, I'm going to be just fine here. You go have fun with Reece. And please for God's sake, just kiss already!"

I whine playfully, trying to lighten up the mood.

It is finally the day of the prom.

The day that always bags the spot for the most memorable day in your senior year.

The day when you dress up like princesses and the guys, just for once, act like a gentleman and make sure that you have a good time.

Yeah, it's not necessary that you have to come with a date, but I don't want to interrupt Reesay's special night.

Nor do I want to be third-wheel. I know, I shouldn't not go to the prom because of Matt but it seems as if all my excitement for the event drained away after our fight. 

However, Lindsay looks stunning. She's wearing a gorgeous peach coloured dress. It reaches her mid thigh, and has prominent yet beautiful frills at the bottom. The colour suits her really well.

Her hair is in a tight bun, with a few curled strands falling from the side. She's wearing a cute charm bracelet with a pretty locket. She paired her dress with nude heels and even wore the shiny anklet Reece gave her. 

I bet you guys just went 'aw'. 

So did I. 

Lindsay has been forcing me to come with her. But she should be aware of my stubbornness. She even got a spare dress for me, if I change my mind and end up coming to the prom after all.

It's all false hope though, according to me.

I'm pretty adamant about my decision. And now, that I think about it, I think high school proms are overrated. 

Or maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better.

Trying to convince myself I'm not missing out on much. 

"Are you sure? I mean you can still change into that gorgeous dress, we'll wait for you." She says.

Reece hasn't arrived yet. He's supposed to pick up Linds in about another 10 minutes, and any blind person could see that she's on cloud nine.

And yet, she's worrying about me, her hopeless, vulnerable friend.

I really can't thank Lindsay enough for all these years. She's been with me through everything.

Bad grades, bullies, fighting with parents, even when I was chased by a dog, she tried controlling it and it almost bit her.

Since the day four year old Lindsay, dressed in her cute pink frock and her long hair tied in pig tails, fell into a dirty pit of wet mud and I helped her out, we've been inseparable. We grew up together and not once have I ever regretted it.

Sure, she's a blabber mouth and eats more than a pig, I love her to bits. She's like the twin sister I never had. 

"Lindsay, you go hun. Have fun, and get some." I say and wink at her when I hear a honk outside. She sighs and sits down beside me. Didn't she hear the horn?

"Abby, I really wish you could come. This was on our imaginary bucket list remember? Attending the high school prom." She says sadly.

My heart almost cracks at the sight. I feel even more guilty now. What if I ruin her prom? No, I can't let that happen. But I don't want to go either.