Epilogue : The end is just the beginning.

Dedicated to Mrs. Lachowski, for the awesome cover to the side. :)

Epilogue : The end is the beginning. 

Abby's P.O.V

"Oh my gosh, this is heaven." Lindsay sighs in content, and flips to absorb more heat on her back. 

"Yeah, sure is, babe." Reece agrees while soaking in her appearance greedily. 

It's been almost a week since prom got over, and after a few days of giving in our projects and completing our work, all students were given a few days of holidays.

Isn't the principal a darling?

The prom had really drained us out although it was one of the best nights of my entire life. Everything had fallen into place after that. Reece asked Lindsay to be his girlfriend that night, and she agreed with planting a sloppy kiss on his cheek. It was adorable. 

Daniel happened to confess his 'crush' on Liam too, and I had never seen him happier. It wasn't quite surprising when Liam told me this, because just the day before I had seen Daniel ogling at him. And Liam's even tutoring him for Calculus. How convenient, right? But, I have been receiving this weird vibe, that Daniel doesn't seem to like me that much. 

Huh. 

And Matt and I? We're as fine as peanut butter and jelly. After that lovely, amazing, fantastic night we were spending most of our time together. Matt's been treating me with an extra dose of cheesiness.  And trust me, it gets annoying. But yet, my love for him just keeps on growing. He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet, though we have been pretty much dating. Also, I'm secretly hoping he does ask me. 

Ssh.

So here we are, Reece and Lindsay, Liam and Daniel, Matt and me. The six of us, soaking in the sun and embracing the cool breezes of the shore, enjoying one and another's presence.

We're silently reminiscing our puny fights, our times spent together and our cute way to patch up our differences. Surprisingly, Matt's lying beside me, instead of snapping pictures away on his new camera. In fact, these past few days, he has been somewhat fidgety. 

"Hey Matt, are you alright?" I ask, lifting my ray bans up and looking at him.

"Yeah, why?" 

"Oh I don't know, the Matt I know would have been snapping away pictures of the beautiful sunset."

"Well, guess you don't me well enough then, huh?" He says, winking. I chuckle and place my sunglasses back on my eyes.

Suddenly, he grabs my hand.

"C'mon, I want to show you something." He says and drags me away from our group. I obediently follow him, curious to know where he's taking me. After walking a bit longer, he covers my eyes with his abnormally huge hands and whispers in my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

"It's sort of a surprise, so keep your eyes closed." 

"I anyways can't see because of your gigantic hands, Sherlock." I say, sarcastically. I hear him chuckle and he leads me further ahead, guiding me with directions.

I feel the breeze getting cooler with every step I take and Matt rubs my bare arms as if he can read my mind. I almost trip, distracted by his radiating warmth but he catches me. Soon enough, we come to a stop.