Chapter 18

THEA

I was led up a dimly lit stairwell into a brightly lit light grey hall. The rock slid up to a door, then turned and slid up the door. It latched onto a plate above the handle and flashed green. The door swung open.

I stepped into find a dark-grey room, barely lit by lights imbedded in the walls near the floor. I couldn't see nearly anything, but there were some in indistinct shapes on the floor. I crouched down and as my eyes began to adjust, I realized what they were.

"Luke!" I rolled his body over. No response. He was breathing, but I could barely tell. "Luke, wake up! What's going on? Luke?"

The others were there, too. Ivy, James, and the cat-eared girl. None of them as much as stirred. I jumped up and tried to find the door, but I couldn't remember which direction I came from and there was no handle anywhere on the walls to give it away.

I started knocking on all the walls. Maybe one of them would sound different if it was the door. No luck. It was all the same hard, cold stone. I slammed my fists against the wall in frustration.

The dim lights flickered. A hissing noise came from above me. My vision started to blur. Vague lights blurred across my vision and I couldn't tell up from down until I hit the floor. I landed on my back and all the air whooshed out of my lungs. I didn't even have time to take a new breath before I blacked out.

A/N Just a small chapter for you guys this time. Dedicated to @janeecrow because whoa. Thanks.