Chapter 27

LUKE

"In here. Quickly!" Lynn had already unlocked the door before Thea and I rounded the corner. She practically shoved us into the room. She was breathing almost as quickly as we were.

She dashed to the other side of the room and started typing into a huge, multi-screen computer. "I'm going to give you everything you were going to take on the mission. Hopefully, there won't be too much damage to the Facility and we will catch up to you later to give you directions, but I have no idea how this is going to turn out. All you need to do for now is to get out of here and get to somewhere safe. If you get killed or captured here, it's all over. The government will never be destroyed. The world will fall further into chaos. Worst case situation, the government turns you into its puppets and uses the powers we've given you for evil. But we won't let that happen- grab that!" She gestured wildly at the wall behind me.

I turned to find a panel opening up in it, revealing two backpacks. I grabbed one and threw the other toward Thea. She grabbed it and started to open it.

"Don't!" Lynn snapped without even turning around. "You don't have time to question what I'm giving you. Just trust me."

Another panel opened in the wall, revealing three large satchels and another backpack. I threw a satchel at Thea, then slung the others over my shoulders. I picked up the other backpack and put it on backwards because there was nowhere else to put it.

"That's it. Get out," Lynn barked.

"What about you?" Thea demanded.

"I've got to stay on the computers to open the right doors for you. I'll take control of your guide devices to show you the way out. Now, GO!"

I pulled my guide stone out of my pocket, threw it on the floor, grabbed Thea by the arm, and ran.

A/N: So I've received more comments recently than I can write individual chapters for with school in the way and I want to recognize you guys as soon as I can so I'm gonna group dedications together at least for this chapter so a huge thanks to: @thekingofawesome123 @JaredAllen3 @pappy212 and @seastar_the_dragon