How I Learned to Stop Giving a Shit and Love MSI

A knock on the door makes both Bandit and I turn our heads, "What are you two doin'?"Gerard steps into the room.

As my mouth doesn't want to function properly, I let Bandit answer, "We're playing with my dolls."

"Yeah?"

"Mhm. Ray is Batman, and I'm Robin!" She exclaims, holding her Robin toy in the air for Gerard to see.

He nods, "Ray, do you want me to show you your room?"

My heart rate instantly speeds up, "Sure." I manage to say without a stutter.

I stand up and follow Gerard out of the room and three doors down from Bandit's. Opening the door, he steps aside so I can walk in first.
The walls are white, and a bed with grey sheets sits in the center of the room. Two night stands, each holding a purple lamp, rest on each sides of the bed.

"Wow." I breath.

"It's all yours. You can do with you want with it, besides punching holes in the walls of course," Gerard jokes, "I'll give you some time to settle in." He announces before exiting the room.

I plop down on the bed, absorbing the week's events. My car was stolen, my heart was crushed, I met my all time favorite bassist, spoke to some of my idols on the phone, moved in with my idols, and I'm slowly mending myself. Damn, life has been good, the only problem is, when my life seems to go well, destruction always follows.

"Ray!" I hear my name being called from downstairs, "Come here, please!"

With a sigh, I get out of bed and walk out into the hallway, where Bandit is standing. She seems to have just come out of her room.

"Going downstairs?" I ask. She nods. "Me too."

Bandit and I decide to have a race to see which one of us can reach the bottom of the stairs first. Bandit, taking the safer path, jumps the stairs two at a time. I, on the other hand, slide down the railing, instantly regretting it.

"Fudge!" I scream in terror as I get to the bottom of the stairs, with too much speed for me to stop myself. I fly until there is nothing beneath me but the hard floor.

Multiple footsteps rush into the room, and I hear a few snickers, "Are you okay?" Lindsey asks.

I groan, not moving from the floor. Suddenly, I feel a tiny hand, that I've already identified as Bandit's, wrapping around my own, attempting to pull me off the floor. As she is so little compared to me, she fails to pull me up, so I stand up on my own. Once I'm on my feet, I meet eyes with Steve Righ.

"Nice wipe out." He smirks, arms crossed over his chest.

My eyes move around the room, looking at the other members of Mindless Self Indulgence, "Uh, thanks?" I respond, feeling my breathing quicken.

"So, you're the funky phone girl?" Jimmy asks, chewing obnoxiously loud on a piece of gum.

"Yep. That's me." I smile.

"Kitty, Steve, Jimmy, this is Ray." Lindsey decides to introduce me.
Kitty extends her hand for me to shake. Once my hand touches hers, she pulls me into her, wrapping me in a tight hug.

Mental Note: Kitty is a great hugger.

Once she releases me from her hold, Jimmy raises his arm into the air. I jump off my feet and give in a high five.

He retracts his hand, "Fu-" He looks down at Bandit and Lindsey's eyes are nearly popping out of her head, "Frick. Frick that hurt." Jimmy flashes a nervous smile. Lindsey's face relaxes.

Steve waves, and I return the wave.

"So, Linds, where's the food?" Jimmy blurts.

"Food?" I turn my head towards Lindsey.

"Oh, they're going to eat dinner with us tonight."

I mouth an 'oh' before all of us roam into the dining room.

****

Just as I finish my bowl of pasta, a knock on the door echoes throughout the house.

Gerard stands up, "I'll get it." He states before disappearing to go get the door.

I take a deep breath as I hear murmers emerge from everyone, trying to find a topic to speak about.

"So," Kitty's lips curve into a smile, "How old are you, Ray?"

"I'm fifteen." I answer simply.

"Wow, you look older. In a good way!" She laughs.

I send her a smile before Lindsey chimes in, "Maybe Kitty and I can take you shopping sometime this week." she suggests.

I nod, "Sounds fun."

My eyes trail down to the floor. I'm in a room with people I've looked up to for years, but I imagined it all to go differently. Everyone is all hesitant around me, and it really bothers me.

"Ray." I look up at Lindsey, who's spinning her finger, giving me the impression that she wants me to turn around. I turn around and can't help but scream.

"Oh my God!" I shout, a smile on my face that I know will take a while to fade.

Standing before me are Frank Iero, Ray Toro, and Mikey Way. Mikey is the first to make any movement. Wrapping his arms around me in a hug, he whispers a , "Hi." then backs away. I never expected Mikey to be a hugger; he always seems so awkward.

Frank is the next to hug me, which I'm just as surprised because I know he isn't a fan of hugs. Lastly, Ray hugs me.

"Name stealer." He mumbles, causing me to laugh.

"Well," Linds stands up, "I might as well tell you what's going on-"

"This is your welcoming party!" Gerard cuts her off, shaking jazz hands in the air.

"Damn you, Gerard! You stole my thunder!" Lindsey blurts.

"Swear jar!" Bandit yells, causing everyone in the room to laugh.

"Well," Jimmy slams his fists onto the table, "Let's get this party started!"