Now Baby, Isn't it Crazy?

Three weeks later

"You know we have to talk about this." Linds speaks sternly but strictly.

I avoid all eye contact and keep my mouth shut. Neither her or Gerard can find out. God knows what they'll think about me. I'm weak. I'm a slut. I allowed it to happen. No. I won't be subjected to those thoughts.

"Please talk to me, Ray."

Nothing.

With a sigh, she stands up and walks into the kitchen. She returns with a wet rag. I jump to my feet, knowing she's going to try to take the makeup off my face.

"Don't." I growl, more aggressively than intended.

"Ray, come here."

"No." I remain where my feet are planted.

She takes a step closer, so I take a step back.

"Ray, please! I just want to help you!" She pleades, voice cracking.

"There's nothing to be helped! I'm absolutely fine!" I shout, holding back tears.

"Sweetheart... I-I'm worried about you.. You-you haven't been eating, you've been real quiet, I just know there's something wrong. And now that Gee's on tour, I have to figure it out on my own. You can trust me 100%. I-I love you, kid. Just talk to me."

I shake my head, "I can't." Tears roll from my eyes.

She opens her arms for a hug, and I slowly walk over to her and accept.

"Please, Ray. Tell me what's bothering you."

"No." I cry. I won't.

My legs feel weak, and my vision blurs. I grab onto Lindsey, trying to keep myself off the ground, "Lindsey!" I shout, fear surging throughout me.

She grabs onto me, but before I can call out once more, everything is black.

"Razor!"

~~~

Lindsey's POV

"Way." A nurse calls.

I stand up and walk over to her.

"What happened? Is she gonna be okay?" I panick. I couldn't feel my heart for the entire thirty minutes I've been waiting.

"She's stable, however Dr. Lee would like to speak with you. Follow me." My heart pounds while she speaks. I hurriedly follow her until we get to room 127, where a woman in a white coat is standing.
The nurse continues walking to allow us to speak.

The doctor extends her hand for me to shake, "Good evening, I'm Dr. Amy Lee."

"Hi, Lindsey Way."

"Is Razor your daughter?"

"Yes she is." I answer. By now, I truley love her as if she came from me. She is my daughter, if not connected by blood, connected by love.

"Then you might want to sit down for this." She takes me into a break room and sits me down at a circular table, sitting herself across from me.

"So, from our examinations, Razor had passed out due to lack of food and sleep. Of course, most teenagers whom don't eat, are starving themselves, so we did an ultrasound to make sure all of her organs were properly functioning, but we found something..."

"What is it?" I ask, a lump growing in my throat.

"Your daughter's pregnant, Ms. Way."

My air captures in my throat, "W-what? H-how?"

"We, um, we also found multiple bruises on her arms and on her thighs. It occured to us she was wearing makeup, so we removed it and found bruises on the right side of her face, as well as a deep cut. Ms. Way, your daughter was raped." With sympathy in her eyes and tears in mine, absolute shock controls me.

I put my hand over my mouth, "Not my Ray."

"I'm very sorry. This is always very... tragic. As your daughter has been subjected to a federal assault, the hospital has to report this to the police, however it is up to her whether or not she wants to press charges."

Who would do this to her?

"Can I see her?"

She nods and stands up, guiding me back to Ray's room. I step inside, and Ray is laying in the hospital bed, motionless.

"Hey, sweetie." I whisper, trying to stop crying.

"What did they tell you?" She mumbles, no life in her voice.

"A lot. What did they tell you?" I sniffle.

"Nothing. They wanted to talk to you first." She sighs, rubbing her eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me, Ray?" I ask, sitting down in the chair next to her bed.

She doesn't answer.

"I know now, and you still aren't answering me! Ray!" I try pleading.

"Because I'm afraid, Mo- Lindsey! I'm afraid!" She cries.

"Honey, never be afraid to talk to me. There's nothing that will ever make me think less of you!"

She shakes her head and releases an aggravated chuckle, covering her face with her hands.

"Who did this to you?"

She turns her back to me.

My heart drops, "Was it Gerard?"

The door opens, and Dr. Lee walks in, "I'm sorry, but we have to do further testing on Razor now. Visiting hours tomorrow are from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m."

"But-"

"This is urgent testing. You must leave now."

I grab Ray's hand and give it a squeeze before exiting the room. Once I'm in the hallway, I pull my phone out of my purse and dial Gerard.

"Hey, baby." he picks up after two rings.

"You sick bastard! How could you?" I let out my rage.

"Linds, what are you talking about?" His voice is shaky.

"You know what I'm fucking talking about! She's a child you sick fuck."

"Baby, calm dow-"

"Don't call me that! I can't believe you!"

"What are you talking about? What did I do?"

"Ray was raped, and you're the only man she's been around since she moved in with us!" I growl, tears running down my face. The man I fell in love with did something so terrible.

"S-she's been raped? Oh my God. Is she okay?"

"You're so sick!"

"I would never do such a horrible thing, and you know it! Is she fucking okay?" His voice raises.

"No, she's not! She's pregnant, Gerard!" I close my eyes and lean against the wall.

"She- she's- oh my God. Lindsey, you can't possibly think I'd do that to her. You know me, and you know I wouldn't do that. Did you even ask her who did it?"

"I did." I state.

"Then she had to have told you I didn't do it." He sighs, voice cracking.

"She never answered the question." I open my eyes, grabbing at my hair. He couldn't have done it. What was I thinking?

"Jesus Christ, Lindsey! Why the fuck would you accuse me of this when she never said I did it?"

"I-I- you were the only man she's been around. I'm sorry, babe. I don't know what I was thinking."
"Look, we're in Texas right now. I'm gonna fly back to California for a few days."

Normally I'd object to him putting us before his career, but he needs to come back. Ray needs him now just as much as I do.