I'm a Toys R Us Kid

Four days after the fire incident, I was abruptly woken by a cheery looking Lindsey.

"Come on, Ray! Get up! Get up!" She bounces on my bed like a child.

"Unless someone died, I'm not getting up!" I grumble, flipping onto my stomach and sinking my face further into my soft, fluffy pillow.

"Rayyyyy!" She whines.

I give no response.

"Okay... I guess you don't want to go shopping with me and the witches..."

I shoot up and turn around to face her, "Witches! As in-"

"Jessika, Chantal, Alicia, and Frances. Yes." She smirks.

"Well now I'm dying of excitement, therefore you have successfully gotten me out of bed." I laugh, throwing the blankets off my legs.

Linds grabs onto my hands and hoists me to my feet, laughing while she does so.

"You have fifteen minutes to get ready before Chantie comes and picks us up." She informs before walking out of my room.

Fifteen minutes!

I quickly dash into the bathroom across the hall, where Gerard is standing in front of the sink brushing his teeth.

"Mornin'." His words are gurgled from the toothpaste resting inside his teeth.

"How long are you gonna be?"

He rinses his mouth out, "Don't I get a good morning?"

"Good morning, Gerard! I have to get in the shower, so could you please-"

He puts his hand up and stops me, "Say no more." He steps outside of the bathroom and closes the door behind him.

With a sigh, I turn the shower water on, stripping from my pajamas. Within five minutes, I finish my shower, quickly drying my hair once I get out. I dart back into my room and throw on a pair of black skinny jeans and a Simple Plan shirt. I slide a red flannel on as well, then run downstairs, where I find Lindsey finishing a cup of coffee.

"I'm ready..." I say, out of breath.

"Oh, she just texted me. Chantie won't be here for another thirty minutes." She smirks.

I don't know whether to be happy because now I have more time to wake up, or angry because I just rushed around for fifteen minutes for nothing. I just sigh and rest my elbows on the kitchen table.

"Coffee?"

I nod, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath.

"You okay?" Gerard enters the kitchen.

My stomach is churning, my head is pounding, and everything hurts, for all but one
reason, "I'm just a tiny bit nervous."

He pulls a chair up and sits next to me, folding his hands over his lap, mocking a therapist, "What about?"

"Eh, I guess my brain is all fucked up from the fact that I've not only met and are currently living with some of my idols, but now I'm meeting even more of them, and I'll probably be meeting the rest in the near future. It's- It's just really nerve racking." I ramble, running my hand through my hair. "I mean, I don't even know if half the people I've met this week even like me..."

Gerard rests his hand on my shoulder, "They don't like you, Ray," he bites his lip, then smiles, "they love you. Hell, Mikey's referring to you as his second niece! Cheer up, Ray-Ray!"

I laugh, feeling a blush creep onto my cheeks. Lindsey places a cup of coffee in front of me, "Gee's right, everyone really loves you. Including us."

My Second Chanceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें