TDI day 8!

“Bass, Gophers, today’s challenge is a true summer camp experience. A canoe trip,” Chris explained. We were told to meet up at the beach earlier, so after choking down some of the “food” we met down to learn about the challenge. “You’ll be paddling your canoes across the lake, to boney island!” Chris taunted as though it was scary.

“Let me guess, we’re supposed to be scared of this place?” I asked.

“You will be.” I rolled my eyes. Did Chris really feel the need to answer a rhetorical question. “When you get there you must portage your canoes to the other side of the island. Which is about a 2 hour hike through treacherous, dense, jungle.” At least it’s just another normal day here.

“We gotta pour what?” Geoff asked.

“‘Portage’,” Chris said slower, hoping he’d understand. Geoff still looked blank “Dude, walk with your canoe!’

“Ohh” Geoff finally understood. Does this guy even have half a brain to think with?

“When you arrive at the other end of the island you’ll build a rescue fire that will be judged by me, the first team to paddle home and return their canoes to the beach is the winner of invincibility. Move campers move!” Chris ordered. We all ran to get the canoes. “Oh wait! One more thing I should mention.” We all stopped to looked at him. “Legend has it, if you take anything off the island, you’ll be cursed forever.”

“Yeah! A cursed island! Whoo!” Owen said.

“Dude, you’re standing on one now,” I pointed out.

“Now get in your canoes and lets have some fun,” Chris said.

Cody asked Gwen if she wanted to go with him, she twisted his arm and pushed his head down. "OW!" he yelled. The moron. What makes you think she wants to go with you when she has Trent...who is being pulled by Lindsay and Beth to the canoes. Nevermind.

Gwen sighed. “Fine. But I’m in charge.” Cody looked very happy about this.

“Hey, wait up!” I yelled to them. Gwen turned around. “Mind if I come with?”

“No, not at all!” Gwen looked very thankful that I was going with her. Cody on the other hand didn’t. Oh well, he’ll get over it.

Gwen went up to pull the boat out but Cody refused. "No, allow me!" Gwen shrugged and got in the boat, put on a life vest and sat there. I on the other hand wanted to get a front row seat to the train wreck. Cody with his negative upper body strength didn’t even make it budge.

"Here, let me help you-" I tried to say.

"No!” Cody grunted, “I got it!"

I would have let him try all day if the others weren’t in the water already. “Cody, get in the boat,” I told him.

“I got it-”

“You’re just making a fool of yourself. Get. in. the. boat.” He continued trying. I rolled my eyes and got beside him and pushed it in with ease.

“See, told you I could get it,” Cody looked so happy.

I rolled my eyes again. “Yeah, you’re the strongest man alive. Now lets move!”

Everyone was lined up. “On your marks! Get Set! Paddle!” Chris said shooting off a gun. The bullet went up and shot an eagle. Ooh, America is not gonna like that.

Gwen and I paddled while Cody kept trying to ask Gwen out. No matter how many times she said no, he kept insisting as though Gwen would benefit from it more than him. After multiple rejections, what's the correct way to settle it?