Summer

Adeline's POV

'It's finally summer vacation. What a relief I hate everyone in my school, they are all complete idiots.' I say to myself as I walk downstairs for breakfast. "Good morning sweetie!" My mom Naomi say cheerfully giving me a kiss on my head. "Morning mom." I said sitting down to eat my breakfast toast. My dad Tyler then walked in and patted me on my head as he sat down to eat his toast. "So what do you plan to do during your vacation?" My dad asked. I answered, "I don't know, probably hang out in my room and watch anime." He sighed, "how about once in a while we go outside and I teach you how to use a knife." I looked at him confused, "what do I need a knife for?" Dad looked at my mom and she shook her head, "well um, to um protect yourself." I was still completely confused, "ok then....I guess?" I said getting up from the table to get dressed.

Once I was dressed I ran down stairs and out the door. I felt like going for a walk so that's exactly what I planed on doing. I walked into town looking in at all the stores I passed. I walked into a candy store and picked out a lollipop as a treat for putting up with nonsense for years with idiots at school. As I left the candy store a kid ran into me and knocked me onto the ground making me lose my lollipop somewhere in the streets. "What the hell!" I said standing up. "S-sorry I'm really really sorry, I didn't mean to run into you." The kid said apologetically. I smiled and pulled the boy to his feet, "it's fine, but you owe me a new lollipop." The boy laughed and handed me a quarter, "sorry but this is all I have." I nodded and took the quarter, "that should do it, thanks kid." I said before running back into the candy store for a new sucker.

As I walked home I thought about the boy I ran into today. I thought about how silky his blonde hair looked and the little bit of dirt that was smudged on his cheek. Thinking about him left me with a blush on my face. I hope we can meet again.