Bullies

Adeline's POV

It was twelve in the afternoon and I'm still watching Mirai Nikki. One of my favorite anime's ever! Then there was a slight knock on my door till my mom walked in. "Adeline sweetie, I think you should go outside and get some fresh air." My mom said sitting on my bed beside me. "I don't feel like." My mom shook her head, "just do it for a little while, if you don't like it then come back in." I sighed and shut my laptop. "Fine I'll do it." I said as I then walked downstairs and out the front door.

I stood out in our front lawn just staring at the few people who walked by. They looked creeped out, but it was entertaining. I kept staring at people till I saw a familiar blonde haired boy sit down at one of the benches that was just across our house. I walked over to the bench and sat down beside him. "Thanks for the money yesterday." He looked at me with a tint of blush on his cheeks, "no problem." I smiled and said, "anyways kid, you looked like you where running away from something yesterday, what was it?" The boy just sat there and looked down at his shoes, "bullies." He mumbled. "Oh." Was all I managed to say. "W-well different topic, but I don't even know your name." The boy said to me. I smiled and said, "Adeline, you?" He smiled a bit too and said, "Yasuo."

It's been a few weeks since the day me and Yasuo actually talked. To be honest I actually kinda miss him. I don't even have any friends at school and it was nice having someone besides my parents to talk too. Hopefully we meet again.

"Hey Adeline sweetie, can you run to the store and pick up some milk. We are all out." My mom said handing me a five dollar bill. "Sure!" I said taking the money and running out the door. The store was only a few blocks down from our neighborhood, so I just took my time and skipped there. I almost reached the store till I heard a cry of help coming from an alley way I just passed.

I slowly crept back to the alley and peeked in. There I saw Yasuo being held against a wall by his collar and another boy with his fist aiming towards Yasuo's face. I quickly ran into the alley and yelled "what are you doing?! Put him down right now!" The boy laughed and dropped Yasuo to his feet, "what were you going to do little girl? Go cry to your mommy to help him? Why don't you run along now and leave me to my job." The boy said before turning and grabbing Yasuo by the collar again. I gritted my teeth and clenched my fist. I ran as fast as I could and lunged at the boy. Yasuo fell to the ground once more as I started to night and beat the crap out of the boy. When I finally finished I stood up and wiped my mouth. My fist were covered in blood and the boy layed on the ground weak and with s broken nose. "Now that's what I'm going to do about it." I said as I grabbed Yasuo's hand and walked away.

I licked my hands clean from the blood as I walked Yasuo to the candy store. "Are you ok Yasuo?" I questioned. "Y-yea thank you." He said bowing to me. "Don't be so formal. I'm licking blood off my hands for gods sake." He laughed nervously, "s-sorry."

We arrived at the candy store and I filled a whole bag with candy in only a minute. I walked up and payed with the five dollars my mom had given me then I walked over to retrieve Yasuo. "Ok I'm all done here, let's go." I said before taking his hand and running away again.

I took him to the park and we sat under a tree while eating the candy I bought. "Hey Yasuo?" I said. "Yea?" He said looking me in the eyes. "I-I think your very...cute." I said mumbling the last part. He giggled, "I think your cute too!" He said cheerfully. I smiled as began to hold hands and eat the rest of the candy.