Chapter 1

Colby POV

I grip the steering wheel in anger, my other hand tracing the sewn parts on my control shift. I watch the rain pour harshly.

Ugh! I can't believe I'm wasting my time rushing to get groceries because Sam so called, "forgot" after complaining about not wanting to go for a solid minute.

The car in front of me drives slowly. My anger grows and I whip out of the lane to drive around them. I glare and squeeze the wheel tighter as I pull around, swiftly, not looking at the car in the other lane.
It was barely any farther then the car in front of me.

When my eyes finally scatter back to the front of the road, instead of the man in the car, I realize the other car was too close to me in the new lane and I feel the car slide.

I slam straight into the car, pushing heavily on the breaks. My breathing becomes quickened and I feel my heart beat out of my chest as I watch the car, which was happily driving in the lane, make a sharp turn and crashes into the the small metal fence, separating us from the other road.

Oh no.
Did I kill them?

I feel a large force hit the back of my car as I make a full stop in the middle of the lane. The airbag opens, and I flail my arms shoving it down, trying to get out.

Oh f*ck!

I climb out and rush to the car that had slammed into the metal fence. I ignore the rain, feeling as if it was taunting me for what i have just witnessed.

I grow closer as I study the driver from behind.
It's a girl..
Is she unconscious?!!

I run to the door and throw it open. Glass is everywhere as the rain makes its way inside. I shove her airbag down and observe her.

Her dark brown hair hangs heavily in her face.

I pull it out of the way. Her long eyelashes move a little to the breeze that had moved it's way inside of the car. They were covered in small droplets. She has a few bruises and a long scratch along her cheek bone. She's definitely unconscious.

Oh my god!
What the f*ck did I do?
She's hurt! I hurt her! Oh god..oh god...OH GOD!

I rip my phone out of my pocket and dial 911. After minutes of answering questions they tell me they are on their way.

I shove my phone deep into my pocket and look at the girl again. I reach over and unlock her seatbelt. I noticed she happens to look very... Skinny.

I push the thought away as I hear far off sirens. I slip my hands around her waist and pull her out of the car.

My hands run over her arm, hidden under her sleeves, I felt not one, but multiple, cuts.

These were here BEFORE the crash..

I could feel my heart ache for a moment when I hear voices call out. I watch people climb out of police cars and ambulances.

I hand her over to the man who hopped out of the ambulance and made his way over to me.

He lays her down on a gurney and wheels her into the ambulance as I watch, in the middle of the pouring rain, in horror of what I have just done.