Chapter 2

Colby POV

Hours have passed, I sit out in the waiting room of the hospital.

I can't believe I did that...
I could of killed her.

I turn my gaze away from the window. However I continued to listen to the soft pitter, patter as the rain hit the window, repeatedly.

Pitter Patter
Pitter Patter
Pitt- "Colby...Brock?"

A nurse stands in front of me with a clipboard.

"Yes...?" I say getting up.

Her eyes drop to my shoes and back up to my face. She nods and scribbles something before leading me down a hall.

We take two turns, one right and one left. She stops in front of room 110.

"Before we go in, we need to talk about the... Patient." She whispers.

I nod.

"Her name is Luna, Luna Rae Asher. She happens to be....
anorexic. Our tests prove that she hadn't eaten in two days. This, however, is why she passed out after the crash. That was not your doing. Luna is 18. We contacted her parents but they are out of town for a few days. She will be staying with you, in the mean time, sir. " She explains.

"No, no. S-she can't stay with me. Is there somewhere else s-she can g-go?" I stutter. "I have a lot on my plate."

Reed, Cody, and Devin are coming this week while Sam heads back home to visit.

"Unless you want to pay for another few, days... Maybe months?" The nurse says, giving me a sarcastic smile.

I narrow my eyes at her for a split moment but end up giving up on the argument. I nod.

This was already a lot of money.

"Alright. You may enter. " The nurse nods at the door before waddling back down the hall. I sigh and open the door. When I step inside, i see the brightest pair of blue eyes I have ever seen, starring right back up at mine...

Luna POV
I hear the door open and I turn towards the door.

Lets see the d*ck who hit me.

I watch as a teen boy walks in. He looks about my age, possibly a year older or two. He brushes his brown hair with his fingers and sits down next to me.

I could feel his blue eyes scan my body, even though he never broke eye contact.

I pulled the sheet up over me, feeling ashamed of my fat, ugly, body as I look away.

He looked at me with a desperate hold over his eyes and reached out a hand, laying it on mine.

I turned my head up at him as he continued to stare back down at me, giving a reassuring nod.

I listened closely as he drew in a quick breath and said..

"Hello Luna. I'm Colby."

Colby gives me a small smile.

And for some unknown reason, I just so happened to smile back.. ❤