Harry ankylosing spondylitis

The pain.

Pain that hounted Harry for days, without getting any information what could possibly be wrong.
The pain what came always back, and felt like someone was stapping a knife in to his spine.
The pain that kept him awere during the day, and awake during the night.
Sometimes there were good days, when the pain wasn't that bad. But when it came, it made him think.
Why him, what is wrong, is he gonna die.

He went to see doctor so many times, only getting the same information.
"Your other leg is longer"
"Your muscle is a little tense"
And he was tired. Any treatment didn't help him, and the pain was still there.
One day a doctor send him to MRI since he was forced to go to doctor while being in England visinting in his mother's house. His mother was conserned, and harry didn't blame her. He has spent two days in bed, since he couldn't move.
After MRI, he finaly knew what was wrong. He got diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis, and he felt shocked. After that a nurse explained what it is, and he was also send to physiotherapy. He also got a medication whitch helps with the pain.

The only ones he told about his state were Gemma, his mother anne and his stepdad robin. When he had to go back to work he decided that he didn't want to tell the guys, since he didn't want to be the reason why boys have to cut some fun things out because of his state.

But one day he wished he would have.

~~~~~

"Harold let's go to the gym" Liam shouted and banged the door of Harry's hotel room. Harry groaned.
His spine hurt all night, and he hasn't slept at all. He tried to get up but only hissed in pain. Soon Liam was at his door again, and opened it with a spare key.
They had a tradition to give one to Liam, because he always had to wake others up and follow the schedule.
"Oh c'moon are you still in bed?" Louis shouted behind Liam. I just shrugged.
"My back hurts"
"Your back is always hurting! Are you seriously trying to fake?" Louis sassed.
"Oh, never mind, i'm just gonna do this so you will get up"
And with that Louis jumped on Harry.

When Louis whole weight was on Harry, the pain went through all over his body. His legs, hands and neck went numb for a second, and when the pain hit him, harry could help it.
He screamed from top of his lungs.

Louis jumped up when he had heard the scream, scared. Then he looked at Harry, who was crying, tossing on his bed, holdind his back.
"HARRY WHAT HAPPENED? WHAT IS WRONG?" Niall shouted, and rushed towards sobbing Harry.
Harry just laid there, still, crying because of the pain.

The pain whitch felt like he was hit by 10 trucks and then getting a kick from every football player in the world.
He couldn't stand it.

"AAAGHHH" he shouted again. The boys looked at eatch other, clearly worried.
"What should we do? Do you need ambulance?" Liam asked as he went into a daddy direction mode.
"Just... give me a pain killer shot... they are in my luggage"
"Why you have them?" Niall asked.
"JUST GET IT FOR HIM NIALL" Louis shouted.
"Harry i'm so sorry, i didn't mean to. I-- i thought you were just lazy. I'm so so so sorry. Please forgive me" louis cried but Harry just took his hand.
"It's okay" he tried to smile but failed.
"Where i will inject this?" Niall hurried while holding one pain killer shot in his hand.
"Just put it in my stomach" harry told and Louis & Liam just watched as Niall did what he had told to do.
Couple minutes passed and Harry calmed down. He could sit up now with the help from the guys.

"Can you explain what happened?"
Harry just stayed silent. He looked down to his toes, and the boys realised that he was nervous.
"Eeermm... i...." he started.
"I have had these really bad back pains for a while now, and i have also went to a doctor for a couple times. Usually they said that it's because my other leg is longer, but somehow i knew it's wasn't but i wanted to deal with it on my own. When i was in england visiting in my mum's house, she told me to go back to doctor's office. So i went and he send me to a MRI, and they found out that i have ankylosing spondylitis..." he said.
"Why didn't you tell us harry?" Louis asked.
He swallowed.
"I just wanted to be normal you know. I don't want to become that party pooper or the one who always ruins all the fun things from all of us because i can't do them. I just.. didn't want to disapoint you" he answered, wiping some tears away from his eyes.
"Oh harry, you will never let us down. You are our best friend, and we can deal with this. Nothing is more important than your health. You should have told us, so you won't have to go through this alone. We are here for you, never forget that" Liam said and hugged Harry.

"So what belongs into your treatment? How have you managed to do it away from us?" Niall asked.
"Well i have to take some pain meds whitch helps, and i also have to do some pilates. It usually helps when i move it little, but when it hurts badly, i have to stay in bed as much as i can and avoid too mutch pressure. Nothing more, but it just sucks. Really sucks."
"Aaaww Haz, we will help you. I'm so sorry again, i wouldn't have jumbed on you if i had known.." Louis said.
"It's okay really, i understand it." Harry smiled.
"But please don't do it again" and Louis laughed.
"I won't haz, i won't."

~~~

The next days were hard for Harry, trying to get through the pain and just do what managed told him. The boys looked after him, and always forced him to rest when it was too painfull. When they weren't working, they let Harry lay on bed and brought him some food and gave him cuddles. Soon the boys also understood and saw what harry did as treatment, and also went to pilates training with Harry sometimes.
And Harry enjoyed it. Even tho life was sometimes painfull, the boys took care of him. And that was all he needed.

Author's note

Soo another story for today.

What do you think? It was a little different than others, so was it nicer to read this way with no povs and telling more about the feelings, or do you prefer the old way more?:) please comment!

I wanted to make this story because i have been diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis for a while ago, and i thought it would be a right time to tell about it. You may have noticed that i have a lot of things going on, because in every author's note i always tell about some kind of problem, but i can't help it. And i have to say, it's not fun, i feel tired and i just need a break from it. But at least you have understood everything. So thank you all from your support, i have needed it.

And thank you all for being nice and reading my stories. Makes me so happy every day. ❤

All the love,

-Distantdreamer1D