Chapter 22

Chapter 22, babes! Awe, everyone decided that Liam really was Batman after saving Zayn :) THANK YOU, for the comments! Twenty one! The most I've ever got, and it really made me feel better about this story, so to put you all out of your misery, I am continuing writing this, but that still doesn't give you an excuse to slack off on comments, lol! ;D

This is for Di! My new, very lovely friend, @ZDSmiles! I really am growing to love her and I know we're going to be great friends!<3 anyway, ENJOY! ^-^ [Prepare yourself for BIG Ziam feels, because this is going to be pure fluff]. [[Song on the side is what Liam sings near the end. Describes how Liam feels, and in a sweet way. You should listen to it when it gets nearer to the point.]]

[Liam]

After at least ten minutes of sitting on the bed with Zayn in my arms, whispering hushed reassurances, I decided it was time we left and went somewhere that probably wasn't infested in disease.

"Zayn, babe." I murmured, breaking the thick silence that had slowly been layering up. "I think we should leave, come on. I'll go find Niall and Louis and we'll go."

I started to slip my arm from around Zayn, but he didn't like this one bit. He started whimpering, and clutched onto my shirt tighter, digging his nails in as he stayed firmly planted on the bed sheets. "Liam." He whimpered, his tone needy.

I stood moving instantly, scared I'd heart him. "Zayn? What's wrong, baby?" I whispered, lowering myself only a little so we could meet eyes.

"Don't... I--" He cut himself off with a sob of frustration as he tried to get his words out. "I cant go out there. I cant show my face, not-not tonight." He whispered, his voice clogged up.

You could've just ripped my heart out of my chest and stomped on it then, and that's the amount of pain I'd be feeling now, after what he'd just said. I wrapped my arms around him again and enveloped him in my chest, kissing the top of his head softly.

"I'm sorry Zayn. I'll carry you out, you just keep your head in my chest and lay low, because we can't stay here, in this horrible room." I whispered to him, and he gulped, nodding his head and lifting the fabric of my shirt slightly with it.

After a few more seconds of making sure Zayn was calm, I wrapped an arm around his waist, and my other went under his knees. Standing up, I brought Zayn up with me and held him to my chest in a bridal style. He instantly curled into the warmth of my chest and hid his face.

I walked around the bed, not bothering to make the sheets, leaving it as a some what memory of what happened today. Wanting to get out of the dreaded room quicker, I walked to the door and opened it with my elbow, not disturbing Zayn.

He was warm in my arms, and weightless. I always knew Zayn was skinny, but as I felt his ribs poking at my own stomach through his frail skin, I felt a little sick. Zayn had so much to deal with, and he never complained.

I didn't know a lot about Zayn Malik, but I knew one thing, for certain. He needed someone, and I was going to be that person. For 16 years, he's built walls and pushed everyone away, pretending he's fine, when really, he's being beat up, threatened, hated, by teachers, students, even his own father. He's been starving himself, and he's been cutting. He's had to grow up without anyone to look up to, without a mother to care for him and show him the ropes in life, and yet, here he is, still fighting.

It made me wish I could have moved schools sooner.

By the time I'd shook my thoughts away, feeling a little emotional after thinking about all the shit Zayn was forced into, I found myself already at the bottom of the stair case. I held Zayn closer, almost trying to hide him as I entered one of the rooms where the party was held.