Chapter 1

Waking up to shattering glass is my definition of normal. "Mason! That was my orange juice. Do you always have to try to levitate my drinks?" Savannah screamed at her best friend Mason who is always doing something wrong. "Sav, chill out girl. I got this, I'll just do a spell to put your orange juice back into the cup." Mason snickered. She only allowed him to call her that. Walking into the kitchen without realizing slipped on the spilled orange juice. "For fucks sake guys, it's to earlier for this crap." I said in a strained voice cause my bum now hurts. Both of my lovely friends laughing instead of helping me up. "Well I mean this happens like every morning Kate you should be use to it now." Mason said laughing. "Well maybe if you just learn the spell correct this wouldn't happen." I sassed back. "Guys shut up, we have school in like 15 minutes." Savannah said because she knew an argument would happen soon. Me and Mason have a love/hate kinda relationship. I really only tolerate him cause Savannah said "he's chill."
By the time we get to class we're late and let's not forget that Ms. Jane Bates always has something to say about it. "You know if you all are going to be late, you might as well not show up. I mean it's not like anyone would care or notice." Bates said as her friend Lexi Hoff laughed. Most days I would said something bitchy back but I was distracted. Bobby Smith was in our first hour. Why ? I have no idea. Bobby Smith was literally the definition of flawless. He got along with everyone and everyone loved him. It's the cliché popular guy. But I always got a weird vibe from him. I feel like he knows something I don't which makes me uncomfortable considering I know everything about this school and the people in it. "Hey! I'm talking to you! How about you and your curly haired friend leave?" Bates said to Savannah. "How about you go and see what your boyfriend is doing?" Oh goodness, Savannah always drooled over this guy who just so happens to date the Jane Bates, Harry McVey. Harry is probably only surviving high school because of his looks. All of our teachers drool over him which is a bit gross. The McVey's and their cousins the Charleston's and the Browns are our schools football team. Lucas Brown's dad is the coach, so if your not family you're not on the team. That is except for Harry's sister Kyah. She can be a bit over the top but at least shes smarter than her brother. Then the other McVey is Nolan. Nolan is dating Allsion Baker, it wouldn't surprise me if they got married right now. There so in love it's surreal. "Uhh Savannah why is Bobby in here?" I whispered while we took a seat in our chairs. "He got switched into this class last week. Remember you like freaked out and you would just stare at him." She laughed. "Oh yeaa, right I remember now." "Alright class, for the next two weeks we're doing a project on DNA. I will pick your partners and you will not complain." Mr.Blank said while the class groaned. "I swear if I get partnered with Bates I will use so many spells on her." Savannah whispered. Holding my laugh in Mr. Blank called Savannah's name and Jane Bates. I looked over at her and she looked pissed. "Yeaa Mr. Blank I don't think that's a good idea. I mean sure Savannah has potential but I need a good grade and I don't wanna do all the work." Bates said out loud to the teacher. If Bates could die right then and there Savannah would kill her. "Listen Bates I don't care you and Savannah will work on the project together if you like it or not. Ok Smith and Hudson you two are partners. Hoff and Jimmy are partners. Any questions? No, ok good get with your partner to discuss." Are you kidding me right now. "Alright Hudson nows your chance to get his heart." She laughed because let's face it I probably won't even be able to speak to the guy. "Wait, Mr. Blank who's my partner?" Bobby asked. Blank just pointed to me next thing you know he's walking over and I'm pretty sure my face is as red as a lobster. You know one time I turned my pencil into a lobster but that's another story. "Kate right?" Bobby smiled at me. "Uhh yeaa you're Bobby?" I nervously laughed because he's talking to me and I already knew his name. "Yeaa, so can I have your number that way I can text you about this cause class is about to end and I'm leaving at lunch." His words were so smooth. "Uh sure." The only time I keep my mouth shut is when guys are around mostly when Bobby is around. After we exchange numbers we go our separate ways.
And sitting at the lunch table with Savannah waiting for Mason. He just so happens to walk in with Lexi. They this fling I don't know what it is. Ever since she came in Peavy has been a bit more distant. Peavy. No words could describe how great of a person he was. Our table before she came in consisted of Mason, Savannah, Peavy, and me. Savannah has tried many times to tell Mason shes the devil but he didn't listen. But Savannah is always right and Mason knows that. Expecting Mason to sit with us, he doesn't he goes with the "sisters." Jane, Lexi, and Abby are all adopted. Abby is the only nice one. Shes friendly and actually cares for others. I don't know why she still hangs with them, I mean them at home is enough but school too? Jeez, how does she do it.
And then there's the other sisters who are chill with everyone. They're like attached at the hip. Jasmine and Victoria. They balance each other out. Jasmine is the sweetest girl you'll ever meet while, Victoria will bite your ear off if you say something the wrong way.
You know in high school there is always that weird guy or in this case girl. Alexia, I swear she needs as much help as she can get. Peavy is the only person who actually talks to her. She is always talking to herself and stutters a bit and she always carries around this big ass black book. Who knows what's in it. Peavy said it's like a bunch of weird potion things or something like that. I'm pretty sure he's the only one who has seen what's inside of it. "Why the fuck would Mason do this?" I asked Savannah. "Who knows, he's a weird one but he's great, Lexi doesn't deserve his existence." She said back while staring at Harry and Mason who were sitting next to each other. Looking around I started laughing and when Savannah realized, we both just started laughing so hard. The whole cafeteria got quiet. And then Mason started laughing because Peavy is the only guy to actually look interested in what Alexia says. Its gonna be a long day.