Chapter 9

It was currently noon and 3 more hours till we all go bowling with Mason and his friends. 3 more hours until I see Logan Clark. The guy who popped into my head. I realized watching my 2 best friends who could've had something more will never have that bond again. It's awkward now, all Mason does is stare at her. All Savannah does is ignore him. They'll never be the same again and for some reason I feel like it's my fault. I mean if I wasn't a half wizard none of this shit would happen. I was getting frustrated because no matter what I was thinking I can't change my fate. Even if I wanted to I'm not strong enough. The lamp I was staring at cracked and I didn't even realizing I was saying a spell. I wanted to know more. I wanted to know why I can't change it. No you don't, don't go read any of those books. Rolling my eyes, I walked into Aunt Sheila's library. Looking around the bookshelf, I didn't see anything that would tell me about half wizards. Until I saw something catch my eye. The History: Wizards and Their Fate. Right as I grabbed it the door opened and I saw Aunt Sheila. Tip toeing out so, she doesn't see me I started to think. If I'm a half wizard, how come I can cast spells just like the others? Every time you do, it fucks up. Ok he needs to get out of my head. Opening the book I started reading. A wizard's fate declares what wizard they shall become. How good of a wizard they are. And what they can accomplish. Stop reading. I simply ignored him. Skipping a few pages I got to a chapter that said, Half-Wizards. Half wizard's fate wasn't always to become dark. Many halfies became quite powerful in all the right ways. They could be in the normal world and wizard world. Though when they cast spells, it is more tricky for them to accomplish. The first halfie was Henry Hale. Being born to a wizard mom and a mortal dad. It was very hard for Henry, his dad had no idea his mom was a wizard. Keeping this secret was tricky, his mother trying to teach him a few wizards things in secret. Sooner or later his dad found out what his mother was doing and left them saying "crazy. I married a crazy lady." This made his mother sad and eventually commit suicide and Henry had to live on his own. Left with only a few wizard books and where he found his wand his mother was going to give him on Fate Day. Henry then eventually lived 2 lives. But he got angry and wanted more. He got frustrated. Nobody to this day understands why he did what he did. I said stop. You'll regret it. I continued reading like I didn't even hear him. Henry Hale has made himself immortal and one of the most powerful wizards. Nobody knows how he made himself a full wizard. But he made a pact to make all halfies dark. Thus making wizards stay in their world so, they wouldn't fall in love with a normal. To this day they're are only 5 halfies. These do not include Henry himself. All of these halfies on Fate Day will meet each other. In which all are the same age. Henry has told the Castaways that he will be there and he will destroy good. After reading that my stomach was queazy. Told you so.

When we left to go bowling, only Ezra was the one talking. I guess he didn't want everything to be awkward. He wanted to believe nothing changed. But in fact everything has. After reading the book, I went and told Savannah and we tried to think of any way out of it but we just couldn't. It was bound to happen. My only question is where are these other "halfies." And why is Logan in my head. When we got to the bowling place Masons friends were at the food area which didn't surprise me. There was Logan, Carter, Carl, and Aaron. Carter was attached to Logan's hip as he was to Carter. When you first look at them you would hardly believe they were brothers. Carter is taller and has blonde hair while Logan has brown hair and brown eyes. From what I heard Carter is a decent guy. As for Carl, he had glasses and brown hair. About the same height as Logan, Carl has been best friends with Mason since he moved here. Aaron was the odd one out in the group. With black hair and bright blue eyes. He was just a tad shorter than Mason and Carter. He's also good friends with Bobby, but he's known Carter and Logan longer. "What's up guys!" Mason said doing a bro hug to each of them. I caught Logan's eye and made a confused face. "Are you sure he was the one in your head?" Savannah whispered unsure. "I mean unless it's somebody who sounds just like him and said exactly, he'll he see me tomorrow." I said back to her. She just nodded probably not in the mood to talk. Ezra walked off to the arcade area, so we won't see much of him tonight. "Yeah these are my friends as you know, Savannah and Kate." Mason said pointing to us. Savannah just nervously smiled. Mason let his eyes linger on her for a second. I just gave them a head nod. "So who's ready to get their ass kicked in bowling!" Aaron said laughing. The only problem I had was how I was going to talk to Logan without Mason and the others getting suspicious.