Chapter 10

As I went to go get some chili cheese fries, someone yanked me to the bathroom. That somebody was Logan and we're in the girls bathroom. Good job. Wasn't my smartest idea. Can you just do a spell? Or I could lock it. His cheeks went pink. "So I want to know everything you know." I told him crossing my arms over my chest. "We may not have enough time for that. But what you should know is I'm an elf and my pair is Carter." He said looking around like someone was listening. "I kinda figured that. Just about Henry and halfies." I said taking in his appearance. His eyes, they almost look like they're reading my soul. "Well, to start you off let Carter in." While glancing at the door. Letting him in he continued, "Henry Hale is alive and well. I'll tell you I know all the halfies and I'm trying to inform them." "Then why did you tell me to stop reading?" I asked him making a face. "Cause you're one of the two girls. It just so happened that the other girl has no idea what she can do." Carter spoke up. Nodding my head, "Who are the other halfies?" They looked at each other. "The other girl lives in Colorado, her name is Cara. She has no idea what she's capable of. And then uh-" Carter glanced at Logan not sure if he should tell me the rest or not. It looked as if they were having a conversation in their head. Wouldn't surprise me if they were. "Ok and the guys. Nathaniel, he lives in Massachusetts, only 3 hours away." Logan stated looking even more nervous. I moved my hand in a rolling motion as for him to continue. In which he did not. "Are you gonna continue or-" "Aaronisoneoftheothers!" Logan screamed, making me jump. "Repeat." I said slowly. "Aaron is one of the other halfies." Aaron? As in their friend Aaron? Yeah as in our good friend Aaron. Furrowing my eyebrows I asked, "Does he know I am one too? Or the fact that we're doomed? Or maybe that-" "Yes." Carter said. Opening my mouth about to ask more but Logan cut me off. "The last guy is Mitchell, as in the quiet guy in our 2nd." Wait I forgot I even took a class with Logan. That hour I take with Logan and Mason.

Going back to the bowling Lane, I looked at Aaron. Maybe that's why he seems to pop out of everyone. "What the fuck took you guys so long?" Mason said slinging his arm around Savannah, while she made a face. Me, being the people observer I am, I noticed Clark turn his head immediately. What's that about Logan? What are you talking about? I just smirked and shook my head. Taking a seat next to Aaron, he smiled at me. "Hey Kate, you're like in 2nd place because, let's face it I'm the best at bowling." I laughed, of course he was a bit arrogant. At least it wasn't over the top. "If that's what you believe. Just wait when you think you're going to win, I'm going to kick your ass. Your face will be priceless." He laughed and for the rest of the night it seemed like nothing bad was going to happen.

They all ended up crashing at our place and all night, all you heard was "Dude how many can you stuff in your mouth?" Simply said it was a great weekend even Savannah enjoyed it. Her and Logan basically were in their own bubble. He kept asking me what he should tell her. Apparently he was nervous because, "She's so pretty and smart and what even." So I think he may like her or not. As I was pouring my drink, I heard footsteps. Everyone else already left for school, Mason and Ezra walked together and Logan showed up to walk with Savannah. The footsteps had to belong to Aunt Sheila because Craig is out in Boston for some reason. "Sweetie, I think that's enough." She said moving her finger so the mess wouldn't get too big. My cheeks went red, "Oh sorry I didn't realize." "It's fine I think you should get to school though." I nodded my head if I don't leave now, I'll be super late. About halfway to school I heard a honk. Since this New York, that's normal but they were right next to me and rolled down their window. Seeing the long black hair and the dimples it was easy to know who it was. "Hey sweet pea! You need a ride? Seems like yer already late." Daralyn said pulling out a cigarette. Taking a seat in the oldest truck alive, "I didn't know you smoke." Glancing at her. She always seemed to look perfect. No matter what she did she could not mess up. Looking at me she smiled, "There ain't lots of things you know bout me." The way she said it, it seemed as if I never will know. She had a spark in her eye, wasn't sure if it was good or bad yet. Pulling up to my school, I just stared at it. Giggling she said, "High school ain't easy but you'll be out soon. Don't sweat it. See ya sweet pea. Tell Bobby I'll be out tonight." I sighed, "Yeah see you later." Not sure if I'll be able to tell Bobby that or not. It seemed like a longshot. Talking to him almost seemed as if I was already dark. Before I was so clouded by him, I never realized, well him.