Chapter 7

Bobby texted me his address and I was on my way. I was walking there because I'm a bit fidgety and I feel like I'm going to puke. I know I'm not just feeling anxiety, when I woke up today it just felt off. I've been having bad vibes and Aunt Sheila did not want me to leave. Something about a huge storm supposably happening. By the time I got to Bobby's, I heard screaming. I was hoping it wasn't his place and just the neighbors. I rang the doorbell and the screaming stopped. I knew it was his place. A lady opened the door, she looked a bit young. I wasn't sure if it was his mom or sister. "Hi, you must be Kate!" She had a strong southern accent. I just nodded my head. "Well come on in! I'm Daralyn, Bobby's cousin. I'm visiting for a few weeks." She said smiling. I noticed her necklace, very pretty, had a bright blue mixed with a red orb on the end. She noticed I was looking at it, "Oh, this ole thing. I got for my sweet sixteen. Isn't it pretty?" She had told me. "Absolutely, I've never seen any necklace like it." I told her finally finding my voice. We walked into what I assumed to be a kitchen. What looked like Bobby and a mini him were standing with an older woman. She noticed me first. "Hello, I'm Marion. And this is William." She smiled at me before I could say anything Bobby spoke up, "Yeah and this is Kate and we're going to my room." He kinda walked over to me a dragged me up the stairs. Once we got to his room I could see he was a big fan of "fantasy." There were Harry Potter posters and middle aged things from the Merlin times. He even had picture of a dingo on the wall. A dingo, even though they're extinct in the normal world, they're still a whole bunch of them in the wizard world. They're dogs but what makes them special is that they can bark as loud as they want but only whoever they want to hear can hear it. "I'm kind of intrigued by those magic things." He scratched his head looking a bit embarrassed. "Nah, it's chill, Harry Potter is great. Merlin was one hell of a guy and dingos are uh interesting." I laughed at the end. I caught his attention, I should've acted like I had no idea what these things are. "Really? I didn't expect you to know anything about these things. That's cool, finally someone knows what they are. All my friends talk shit about it." He said looking at my face intently. "Well shame on them. Magic is amazing. Even though most people don't believe in it. I still have a little hope just enough to keep tinkerbell alive." I threw a joke in there hoping he would laugh. He did. When we finished the project it was pouring rain outside. Aunt Sheila was right about the storm. There was a knock at the door, "Hey sweet peas, dinners ready so y'all should skedaddle on down." Daralyn said with her thick honey voice. She was one of the most prettiest girls I've ever seen. Of course Aunt Sheila was in the lead of that. But Daralyn had long dark chocolate brown hair that was a tad wavy. She had these pretty freckles on her cheeks that are faint. Her eyes were a bright blue with specks of brown in them. And she of course had dimples. She was on the tall side, without her heels she was the same height as Bobby. When we got down stairs, the smell of fried chicken and red beans filled my senses. "Mom, you didn't have to cook this much." Bobby said whining a bit. "Nonsense you said she barely eats at school well this will fill her right up." Marion said as she told me to take a seat. Daralyn sat right across from me taking a sip of her drink, something with alcohol. "Aunty you need any help?" She said looking around. "No, just get William to sit his ass down. And to stop playing that video game of his." She said looking a bit frustrated. By the time we had our plates filled and about to dig in Daralyn said something. "Aren't we gonna say Grace and thank the Lord for our food?" "Of course." Marion said glaring at Daralyn who just smiled sweetly. "So, Kate tell me about yourself. Interests and hobbies and I don't know you and Bobby." Daralyn said with a smirk in her voice. Bobby almost choked on his food. My cheeks felt as if Barry was on my shoulder. "Uh well we just have a project to do. He didn't even know who I was till this project." I nervously laughed a bit. I felt his eyes on me. "I knew who you were before this project." He said suddenly. Before I opened my mouth it snapped closed suddenly. Daralyn and William looked like they were about to burst out laughing. Using my finger as hand magic I was able to open my mouth. "Oh I wasn't aware." I told him. William looked shocked and Daralyn spit her drink out. It was almost like the used magic to shut my mouth closed because Mason used to do that to me all the time saying I would never shut up. Eventually that led to us pulling out our wands about to go at it. We never got far with that, Aunt Sheila has eyes everywhere. When it was 8 p.m. I decided I should get going. "I think I'm gonna head off. Thank you for dinner Mrs. Marion. Lovely meeting you Daralyn and William." I told them bringing my plate to the sink. "What? In this weather? I would say Bobby to take you home but this weather is just too bad." Marion said concernedly. "Oh it's fine." If they only knew I had a wand to get me home quickly. "Nonsense. Call your mom and tell her I'll let you go when the weather goes down." She sure does say nonsense a lot. "Well Aunty I hate to break it to ya. But the weather is supposed to be like this till morning." Daralyn said while checking the weather on her phone. Are you fucking kidding me? Get out of there right now Kate. Jasmine? Listen to me if you don't get out of there now some shit is going to happen. What kind of shit? I'll tell you later just focusing on leaving. You're a wizard use a spell or something. "I have to use the bathroom. Then we'll discuss this." I told them forcing a smile. When I got in the bathroom I took out my wand and whispered a quick spell. "For they won't let me go, I'll be a persuasive girl. Then I'll get out of this place of- of." I started stuttering because what's so bad about this place? Dark. Magic. Wait? What? Just use place of dark magic. "For they won't let me go, I'll be a persuasive girl. Then I'll get out of the place of dark whirl." Looking in the mirror my eyes became a sickly sweet blue almost like how Daralyn's voice. By the time I got back to the kitchen everything looked spotless. I was only in there for like 5 minutes. They were all sitting at the kitchen isle. "Hey so, I need to get home. My Aunt is very protective." I said making sure I was clear and looking at them in the eyes. I saw Marion's face twist like she knew something was up. The spell was supposed to make her smile and say of course. All she did was look mad and forced out the words, "Be careful sweetie. And it was honorable to meet you." When I left I thought about what she said. Honorable? Jasmine's got a hell of a lot of explaining to do.

When I got home everyone-Aunt Sheila was freaking out. The kids just looked confused. "Where the hell have you been puella?" She said when she saw me. "I told you me and Bobby had a project." I said it with an attitude which I should not have done. "Vos modo me modum? An ignoras puella loqueretur?" Did you just give me an attitude? Do you know who you are talking to young lady? She was speaking to me in Latin and when she speaks in Latin you better be scared. "No ma'am. I'm terribly sorry. The storm was bad and they wanted me to have dinner with them." I told her putting my hands in my back pocket. "Noli adhuc puerum loquere cum Smiths. Et tantum tenebris. et tribulatio." Do not continue to converse with that Smith boy. He's only dark. and Trouble. Dark? Savannah spoke up in Spanish, "¿Qué quieres decir? ¿Oscuro?" What do you mean? Dark? "Craig needs to be here when I tell you all such things." She said quickly using her finger she said a spell. "Protect this house of dark, do not let them mark." I felt my body shock. Aunt Sheila looked terrified. "They marked you! Unless? No? Not possible. Never. Follow me now." She said quickly. "Mom what's going on? Is Kate going to die? I don't think I can live with that." Ezra said looking worried. Savannah nodded her head like she was agreeing. "Mason call Craig right now!" Aunt Sheila said. He nodded his head we were took into her room and she pressed a button beside a picture of a pretty room. She stepped into the picture, we were all a bit shocked considering she's want to be "normal." She told me to take a seat on what looked like a leather sofa bed. She pulled out a bunch of things that looked like powder and feathers. "Charms. Keep away the bad." She said quickly. "Honey what's going on?" Craig walked in. "Dark, Criag very dark. I told you not to talk to him." She said mixing random things together. "He changed his ways Sheila." Craig said defending whoever this "he" was. "Once dark, always dark. C'mon Craig you know that." She told him. "Well what's this have to do with Kate?" "They did something." Was all she said. Next thing I know she threw some powder on me. "Kate I do not encourage drugs, but the only way for this to work is for you to snort it." I looked at her confused and she pointed at this purple pink powder on the little table. Well I had to do what I had to do. And well I snorted it and she told me go lay on this couch. "Here take this medicine. You need to be asleep so your body can kill it faster." As I was half asleep I heard her say, "Everybody out. She'll have to miss Monday and Tuesday at school. For all we know she might not even be able to be the same." Ezra started to cry and Savannah hugged him and Mason looked like he didn't want to leave. Aunt Sheila made him. Before I knew it everything was dark with bits of light splattering around.